Senior Budget Analyst
Posted on: March 26, 2020
OverviewMedical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is
an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission
critical scientific and technical services to the Federal
Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the
National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies.
MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent
benefits and career growth opportunities.--We attract the best
people in the business with our competitive benefits package that
includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with
employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and
Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition
reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing,
professional service and technology focused organization, please
apply today!--Duties & ResponsibilitiesMSC is searching for
a--Senior Budget Analyst to provide support to the National
Institutes of Health (NIH).-- This opportunity is a full-time
position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.--
- Assist with the preparation of Commitment Bases used in
constructing Operating Plans and Presidents Budgets.
- Assist with the preparation of Initial Operating Plan for the
year of execution.
- Provide guidance and assistance with the preparation of
quarterly updates of the Operating Plan during the year of
- Provide assistance in the preparation of the Presidents Budget
to be included in NIAIDs Congressional Justification Submissions
- Provide assistance updating and monitoring the Institutes
Planning and Execution data system (Checkbook) and track variances
of actual to budget.
- Assist in the preparation of Allocation Memos for Extramural
- Review, analyze and recommend approval of Realignment
- Provide assistance in the preparation data for Large Grant and
Commitment Base Exercises.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of actual vs projected
expenditures on a continuing basis during the End of Year process
to assure efficient use of budgeted funds.
- Assist in the preparation of Preliminary Plans as required each
- Provide guidance in the preparation of updates on Commitment
Bases, Budgets, Plan Tables (Preliminary Plan components) as
- Provide guidance and assistance in the preparation of
Presidents Budget to be included in the Congressional Justification
Submissions each year.
- Assist in the preparation of actual financial results as
required each year.
- Provide assistance in maintaining and updating the Mission Plan
with the following:
- Actual year end results
- Realignments of funds
- Projections of spending based on future budgetary
- Detailed extramural spending plans for current and future years
generated by the annual RIC cycles
- Data from various multiyear financial models that provide data
used in the Mission Plan
- Provide assistance in the generation and maintenance of the
multiyear financial models that flow into the Mission Plan.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the preparation of Mission
Plan Scenarios based on a variety of long-range variables to inform
year of execution spending levels.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the preparation of ad hoc
Mission Plan reports as requested by Institute and
- Master's degree in Health Administration, Health Policy,
Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience. Experience
providing budgetary support to NIH offices and laboratories
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work
independently and as part of a team.-- ----Medical Science &
Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Bethesda , Senior Budget Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!