Vice President, REIT Taxation
Company: JBG SMITH
Posted on: January 10, 2021
JBG - Careers - Vice President, REIT Taxation in Bethesda,
Maryland - Careers at 4747 Bethesda Avenue Skip Branding JBG -
Careers - Vice President, REIT Taxation in Bethesda, Maryland -
Careers at 4747 Bethesda Avenue Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Vice President, REIT Taxation ID 2020-4099
Location US-MD-Bethesda Type Full-time Overview --JBG SMITH
Properties is seeking a motivated, team player to fill the role of
Vice President of Tax. This position reports to the Senior Vice
President of Tax and is responsible for implementing and managing
the Company's REIT compliance procedures and initiatives,
associated REIT planning as well as coordination routine tax
planning. This position requires excellent organizational skills,
research skills, critical thinking, and the ability to prioritize
work to coincide with internal and external deadlines. This person
will have frequent interaction with all levels of internal
employees, as well as outside consultants (tax advisors, auditors,
legal counsel, etc.). As such the position provides exposure to all
facets of the Companies operations and management.
- Responsible for maintaining the Company's REIT compliance
procedures and associated REIT tax planning including reviewing all
REIT tests, REIT checklists, and REIT income tax returns.
- Responsible for the preparation, implementation, and review of
the property service questionnaires; research tax issues raised and
implementation of changes to contracts and the Company structure,
- Responsible for identifying tenant services required to run
through TRS and the associated research, documentation, and
- Responsible for tax hedge elections, compilation and review of
tax hedges including the associated book/tax differences.
- Responsible for lease review and implement changes or structure
services through the TRS as needed, as well as, identifying tax
planning opportunities associated with lease negotiations.
- Coordinate and perform tax due diligence on tax deferred and
tax unique property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Management of tax basis in baby REIT stock and associated tax
planning initiatives as part of the companies overall taxable
- Manage and implement transfer pricing studies.
- Stay abreast of tax law changes in the Company's jurisdictions
to ensure compliance with laws and to ensure optimal use and
application of such laws. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Certified Public
- Master's in taxation or JD, a plus
- 7 to 10 years related experience (four years of public
- REIT experience required
- Excellent research skills (experience using Thompson
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Well-developed analytical, interpersonal and communication
(both written and verbal) skills Options Apply for this job online
Apply Share Refer this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
- Share this job on your Social Network! - More
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: JBG SMITH, Bethesda , Vice President, REIT Taxation, Accounting, Auditing , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!