Senior Research Analyst - International Programs
Company: NORC at the University of Chicago
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Senior Research Analyst - International Programs NORC at the
University of Chicago actively seeks a Senior Research Analyst to
support qualitative project work in the International Programs
Department (INPRO). The Senior Research Analyst will support all
phases of qualitative research, from design through reporting, and
ensure successful execution of the research.-- Due to COVID-19,
this position will initially be remote, but preferably--applicants
will be based in our Bethesda, MD office when it is safe to resume
office work. DEPARTMENT: International Programs INPRO was
established in 2005, and works on impact and performance
evaluations, surveys, and qualitative data collection, among other
research activities, throughout the developing world. Our research
covers a range of sectors including education and training, child
and youth well-being, democracy and governance, agriculture, water
and sanitation, infrastructure, housing, finance, and health. Since
its establishment INPRO has implemented projects in more than 90
- Lead or contribute to the creation of study protocols,
interview and focus group moderator guides, data management and
quality control plans, and code frames/coding manuals.
- Prepare training materials and carry out data collection
trainings for focus group moderators and interviewers in countries
where INPRO works.
- Perform quality assurance on transcribed materials.
- Contribute to reports, briefs, presentation decks, and other
deliverables, summarizing research methods, findings, and
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Coordinate project activities and events, including setting up
meetings and conference calls and liaising with consultants and
local data collection firms.
- Assist with business development, supporting all aspects of
proposal efforts. REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in social sciences, international
development, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of research experience.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in planning, executing, and
analyzing qualitative research, including focus groups and
interviews. Experience with remote/online/mobile methods a
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise
- Outstanding interpersonal and critical reasoning skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software, including
- Ability to undertake occasional international travel for 2
weeks at a time (INPRO staff are not currently traveling; INPRO is
continuing to evaluate when staff will resume travel).
- Experience with international work, especially in developing
- Language skills in Spanish, French, or another language.
- Proficiency in NVIVO, Dedoose, ATLAS.ti, MAXQDA, or other
qualitative analysis software
- Experience moderating focus groups, conducting interviews,
facilitating workshops, or leading trainings
- Experience with mixed-methods or quantitative research. WHAT WE
DO: NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan
research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous
analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy
decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking
studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and
advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration.
Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the
world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information
into useful knowledge. WHO WE ARE: For over 75 years, NORC has
evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods,
technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But
our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment
to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as
a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With
world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an
emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join
for the stellar research and analysis work for which we're known,
and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who
take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
EEO STATEMENT: NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity
employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected
characteristics. Interested in joining NORC, but don't see a role
that fits your background? Enter your information here to express
interest in future opportunities at NORC.Expression of
Keywords: NORC at the University of Chicago, Bethesda , Senior Research Analyst - International Programs, Accounting, Auditing , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!