Company: United Educators
Posted on: May 14, 2022
United Educators (UE) provides liability insurance and risk
management services to almost 1,600 members representing K-12
schools, colleges, and universities throughout the United States.
With 35 years serving education, we bring deep expertise to our
members and focus on delivering an experience that leaves them
feeling confident that we understand their needs and offer insights
and solutions suited for their unique challenges. These sentiments
are echoed in our employee culture, our commitment to diversity,
equity, and inclusion enables us to better serve our members and
fulfill UEs mission. Currently, we are working in a hybrid-style
Do you have perseverance and grit? Are you resilient in the face of
change? Do you enjoy working hard with a team that will support
you? Our team takes pride in meeting challenges with
resourcefulness and producing high quality work to support ever
changing financial needs of the Company. We are looking for a
business savvy individual who takes initiative, seeks improvement
to processes, and thrives in a fast paced environment. If this
sounds like you, apply now.
The Staff Accountant will prepare accounting schedules, exhibits
and summaries to reconcile and report financial data. The role will
research and resolve outstanding issues and variances in all areas
of position responsibility. In addition, the Staff Accountant will
ensure regulatory compliance by preparing quarterly and annual
regulatory statement schedules and documents, support accounting
operations by researching and responding to control exceptions, and
prepare invoices and maintain vendor files. This position is
expected to work independently, exercise judgement, appropriately
handle sensitive information, and effectively collaborate across
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Contribute to the cyclical financial closing of UE and
subsidiaries in accordance to department deadlines. Prepares work
papers, schedules, and reports to support account balances and
transactions. Follows up and resolves outstanding issues and
- Prepares monthly closing entries required for consolidation of
financial statements and verifies accuracy.
- Develops spreadsheets and reports as required to provide
information in a format that is understandable to others.
- Prepares schedules for quarterly and annual NAIC statements,
and files with state insurance departments and regulatory agencies
- Keeps up to date with current accounting rules and regulations,
and proposes changes based on knowledge of these rules.
- Prepares invoices for Canopy sales and follows up regularly on
- Supports accounts payable by updating vendor files, following
up on control exceptions, cutting physical checks, preparing wire
transfer requests and following up on inquiries.
- Prepares and files 1099 forms, Maryland Personal Property tax
return and other regulatory reports.
- Manages and reconciles fixed asset schedule.
- Participate in or lead the planning and implementation of
projects and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of experience in an Accounting
- Accounting degree or related discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting transactions
- The ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
Keywords: United Educators, Bethesda , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!