Area Staff Accountant
Company: Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Hyatt Regency Bethesda is an iconic hotel located in the heart of
downtown Bethesda. Nestled above the Bethesda Metro Red Line, the
hotel offers easy access to Washington DC's famous museums,
monuments and zoo and is only minutes from Bethesda Row, which
offers unlimited shopping, dining, and entertainment. The Hotel
offers 390 modern guestrooms with upscale amenities.
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
One Bethesda Metro Center
Bethesda , MD 20814
The Area Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Director
of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance at the various hotels
in the DMV area. He/She will assist the finance leaders in
maintaining accurate and timely financial resporting; ensuring
acceptable levels of internal control; ensuring compliance with all
federal, state, and local regulations and Highgate Hotels Standard
Operating Procedures; and safeguarding owners/investors assets. For
this role, the emphais is placed on the management of Payroll,
Income Audit and Accounts Receivable processing and collections
- Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance
with Highgate Hotels required due dates.
- Income Audit including entering information into the BiPortal on
a daily basis.
- Utilize and maintain time and attendance system and process,
daily, weekly, and bi-weekly payroll and related information to
include verifying payroll information, recording
- Prepare and input all required payroll journal entries.
- Maintain responsibility for the daily Accounts Receivable credit,
billing, and collection process.
- Monitor payment requirements on groups or functions and process
- Approve or decline credit requests.
- Complete collection calls on each appropriate outstanding
accounts and maintain collection files on each outstanding
- Review and approve the City Ledger transfers daily and
communicate to supervisor any deviation from established Accounting
policies and procedures.
- Handle customer inquries in a professional and timely manner,
provide customers with accurate invoices, statements, and
- Process returned checks and credit card chargebacks.
- Conduct monthly credit meetings and maintain minutes (including
returned checks/chargeback logs, credit trace reports, write-off,
bad debt allowances, etc.)
- Partner with the Sales and Events Team by establishing customer
credit, including but no limited to application processing,
reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, and
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include organized
filing and tracing system, issuing letter, monitoring returned
checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing
bad debt write-offs.
- Update daily revenue reports both for internal distribution and
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other
related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial
occurances and/or significant deviations.
- Reconcile invoices against ledgers or schedules to ensure
accuracy of invoicing.
- Assist in the monthly close process by posting journal entries
that are related to daily/monthly responsibilities.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction by attentive listening and then
immediately resolving guest issues or elevatiung to the Director of
Finance or General Manager.
- Cross-Train in other areas within the Accounting Department
including accounts payable.
- Ability to identify root causes of issues that may affect staff
or guests and provide actionable and measurable solutions to
improve efficiency, overall work environment, and/or guest
Keywords: Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Bethesda , Area Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!