Audit Senior - Bethesda, MD
Company: Calibre CPA Group PLLC
Posted on: January 23, 2023
We are a growing public accounting firm and we are seeking
experienced Audit Seniors to lead and manage multiple audit
engagements, ensuring the delivery of quality audit services to
firm clients. We are dedicated to providing the best possible
working environment, including a commitment to the personal and
professional growth of our employees. It is our goal to cultivate
our employees and give them a variety of resources to develop and
grow into a career with us. Senior Auditors will be responsible for
coordinating day to day duties of planning, field work, and wrap up
while supervising the engagement team. The position is responsible
for acting as the client contact for basic questions and
information that may be involved in all assigned client
engagements. The ideal candidate for this position will have audit
experience, including experience performing audits for
not-for-profit clients and employee benefit plans. This position
offers excellent opportunities for leadership development and
career advancement. The firm offers a competitive compensation and
benefits package, including health and dental insurance coverage,
401(k) and profit-sharing plans, and a generous paid time off
policy. Our offices are located in downtown Bethesda, MD office
with travel opportunities throughout the United States. We also
have offices in Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA and New York NY.
- Initiate and coordinate the audit planning process with
- Supervise engagement, making sure quality work is performed,
within budget and on time
- Interact with clients efficiently, representing the Firm in a
positive and professional manner
- Conduct audits on financial statement accounts.
- Document accounting systems and internal controls, identifying
weaknesses where present.
- Prepare and review audit workpapers.
- Clear open review notes.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and
- Adhere to engagement budgets and assist in budgeting
- Plan and administer smaller engagements, with minimal
- Train and mentor other audit staff and conduct regular reviews
of work product
- Audit challenging and/or high-risk areas requiring greater
- Assign work to staff that will challenge and allow for growth
while staying within budget. Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years' audit experience
- Recent experience working for a public accounting firm
- CPA certification or active pursuit of CPA certification is
- Industries: not-for-profit, labor unions, employee benefit
plans, commercial entities, a plus
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, GAAP, and GAAS.
- Experience with paperless public accounting (ProSystem,
- Experience with Uniform Guidance audits and interest in
performing audit-related tax work a plus. EEO: Calibre CPA provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Calibre CPA complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Calibre CPA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment
based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the
ability of Calibre employees to perform their job duties may result
in discipline up to and including discharge..PI200232129
Keywords: Calibre CPA Group PLLC, Bethesda , Audit Senior - Bethesda, MD, Accounting, Auditing , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!