Company: Ryan and Wetmore PC
Posted on: September 17, 2023
TITLE: Staff Accountant EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DESCRIPTION: Location - Staff accountant positions available in
Frederick, MD, Bethesda, MD and Vienna, VA. Staff Accountant
Communication with Clients
- Advise clients on a wide range of corporate and federal tax
issues, various duties to include tax research and planning,
compliance, consulting, and business transaction structuring
- Communicate with clients to discuss tax accounting matters
- Meet client service expectations through adhering to time
budgets and maintaining positive client communications
- Deliver highest level of customer service to clients, including
those at the executive level
- Communicate with client personnel in order to identify and
assess existing client accounting processes, internal controls, and
compliance with regulatory requirements. Staff Accountant Technical
- Perform audit procedures, cash, A/R, inventories property and
equipment, prepaid, A/P, accrued expenses, debt and general income
statement accounts in client financial statements and propose
adjusting journal entries when needed.
- Review accounting transactions and consider appropriate
application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare financial statement footnotes (on areas audited) and
internal control observations and recommendations.
- Research fundamental issues using online tools. Professional
Development for Staff Accountants
- Perform other duties as needed on engagements and as assigned
by supervisory personnel
- Gain an understanding of Firm policies, procedures, and
professional standards through observation and inquiry and adheres
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards Firm and profession.
- Represent the Firm in a favorable and professional manner.
- Develop initiative, interpersonal skills, and practical
application of technical knowledge.
- Perform other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor
and other Firm management as required.
- Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Requirements for Staff Accountant
- 0-3 years of experience as a staff accountant (Previous
hands-on public accounting internship experience is preferred)
- Desire to become CPA certified.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related business field.
- Participate in extracurricular activities or prior job
experience and demonstration of leadership abilities.
- Sharp analytical skills enhanced by a commitment to
- Desire to work closely with Partners, Seniors, other staff
accountants and clients to provide exceptional service.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral
and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a team environment and to thrive and
adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Strong skills with general office use software and an ability
to adapt to new software applications.
- Proficient with personal computers and spreadsheet software
- Travel for work at clients' offices generally is same day using
a personal vehicle.
- Able to work moderate overtime throughout the year with heavier
overtime required during certain business cycle
- Salary based on experience $ 66,000 - $ 85,000 Benefits for
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Dependent Care Plan
- Parking Reimbursement
- SmartBenefits Program
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually
- 16 days of Paid Time Off - PTO (0-5 years of employment)
- 21 days of Paid Time Off - PTO (over 5 years of
- Training In-House
- Training through the AICPA, MACPA, VSCPA, GWSCPA
- Summer Fridays-Off Program
- Paid Professional Accounting Memberships and Licenses
- Discount Pricing on CPA Exam Study Materials
- Paid Time Off to Take the CPA Exam
- Bonus Upon Passing the CPA Exam
Keywords: Ryan and Wetmore PC, Bethesda , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!