Marketing Cloud Automation Specialist
Posted on: November 16, 2021
The Marketing Cloud Automation Specialist will support the
continued growth of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) solution.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, gathering
requirements, configure/build/customize and support the Salesforce
Marketing Cloud application while guiding the overall direction of
our Marketing Cloud instance. This role will focus on the
development of email communications leveraging Content Builders
tool, HTML and CSS where necessary in partnership with our CRM
- Lead requirements conversations with end-users to identify
solutions to meet communication objectives
- Design, build, test and send emails in SFMC
- Understanding of nurture program functionality, capabilities
and build upon request
- Segment and analyze SFDC and other prospect databases to target
campaigns and provide targeting recommendations
- Application of tracking on all marketing automation
- Reporting on marketing automation programs to highlight
opportunities for enhancement to improve metrics & KPIs.
- Perform testing of emails, campaigns, pages, and data as needed
and on time
- Assist with SFMC data hygiene, system maintenance and lead
- Prepare and import lists into SFMC
- Assist with marketing automation specific troubleshooting
requests as submitted
- Provide recommendations on customer journey and communication
- Build and maintain marketing automation campaigns that nurtures
prospects through email and form template creation, landing page
development, list segmentation, scoring
- Develop reporting and dashboards to communicate campaign and
- Interpret and translate metrics into insightful analysis to
drive change and campaign performance
- Provide support for Salesforce and Marketing Cloud data
- Document solution and architecture decisions
- Assist in monthly feature releasesMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS,
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:Education
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work
experience.Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment
while adhering to tight schedules and budgets
- Out of the box thinking for solutions and ideas in the email
- Must have good understanding of the methodologies for email
campaign management including, but not limited to, campaign set up,
coding, importing data, validating, optimization, segmentation,
testing, deployment, tracking, reporting, and monitoring.
- Must have extensively used Journey Builder to design and
automate responsive multi-channel campaigns.
- Extensive understanding of email marketing best practices,
inbox deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Understanding of CRM concepts and email communications best
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries API concepts a plus
- Must have knowledge of email best practices including subject
lines, messaging, segmentation, list management,
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Act independently on routine assignments or projects
- Able to communicate professionally, both oral and written
- Plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams with a
solution-focused mindset and positive attitude. Must be a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of
enabling repeatable processes, driving advancement in quality, and
collaborating within a matrixed organization in a responsive and
- Excellent communication skillsExperience:
- A minimum of 3 years/preferably 5 years of experience in
Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget with a proven track record
of consistently exceeding performance goals.
- Experience creating automated or drip marketing campaigns that
include email marketing required.
- Experience designing, developing, executing, and maintaining
email marketing campaigns with an emphasis on Email Studio, Journey
Builder, Data Extension, Automation studio, Trigger sends, Content
Builder, Contact Builder.
- Experience with developing email templates and dynamic content
using HTML and AMP Script.
- Experience creating responsive emails.
- Experience in supporting end-users, requirements gathering and
- Experience with list segmentation and working with large data
- Experience in performing email QA testing to validate email
rendering and deliverability across different devices and
applications, using tools such as Litmus and Return path.
- Must have created User-Initiated and Triggered Automations like
Data Extract, Filter, Import and Transfer File, Refresh Group,
Query, Wait Activity and Send Email using Automation Studio.
- Experience with Data Extensions and SQL Queries a plus
- Experience working on optimizing campaigns through A/B testing
and multivariate testing.
- Experience in developing scalable front-end user interfaces
- Worked extensively on Landing Pages and Microsites.
- Worked on email reporting and tracking, recommend improvements,
enhancements and testing strategies for future programs.
- Google analytics experience required.Certifications
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant - OR -
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
Keywords: AccelerEd, Bethesda , Marketing Cloud Automation Specialist, Advertising , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!