Scientific Communications Editor - NIH - Rockville, MD
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business
partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through
our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly
Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering,
scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work
with the leading medical research center in the world. We are
seeking an individual to work as a Scientific Communications Editor
at the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD This is a
long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific
initiatives TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Respond to all requests for information and/or
- Conduct appropriate research to respond to inquiries by using
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of NIAID research, research
findings, and related activities through reviewing NIAID press
releases, NIAID social media platforms, and other sources of
information on NIAID research.
- Provide continuing education to staff to keep up with NIAID
trends and topics.
- Update and maintain inventory language, as well as develop new
language that can be used in multiple responses to similar
- Prepare accurate and timely emails and letter responses;
prepare emails with the appropriate links and letters with the
appropriate enclosures; send emails and mail letters; send incoming
and copy of the response to OCGR.
- Enter and track information into the Microsoft Dynamics
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of CRM; recommend modifications
and/or alterations, and work with internal NIAID developers to
- Analyze information in CRM, such as how many inquiries were
received over a specific time period.
- Specify in CRM who has been assigned to each task as designated
by the appropriate OCGR contact and follow up with the appropriate
OCGR contact on cases that have not been completed.
- Update and maintain the CRM Training Manual.
- Use the Clarity Connect contact center software to answer
- Update and maintain the Inquiry Response Policies and
- Develop proposals for implementing changes that improve the
performance of the inquiry response function.
- Implement changes and document them in the Policies and
Procedures Manual, as well as any training materials used for
- Track and respond to an increased volume of inquiries due to
NIAID news and disease outbreaks.
- Research, compose, type, edit, format, proofread, and send out
final communication products.
- Prepare draft responses to controlled correspondence received
from the designated OCGR contact and provide final formatting.
- Provide publications fulfillment by ensuring the requestor's
information has been captured in CRM; entering when publications
have been mailed; and generating a packing slip that will be sent
with the materials. REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in science related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related
- 4+ years of experience in responding to inquiries from members
of the public and other entities PLEASE APPLY ONLINE When you
apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will
review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills
and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job
description can be made available at that time. Due to the high
volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls.
Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part
of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your
profile, which expands your opportunities even further. As a
specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right
thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity,
inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build
the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety,
value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent
Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way
to work and live and to help discover what's next. It is obvious
things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is
at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this
new working environment. Be well and stay strong.You should know:
Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a
requirement for this job in compliance with current client and
governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share
more details with you during the interview process. Why Kelly -- ?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25
federal government contractors? Kelly-- Government offers a variety
of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support
opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and
administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the
opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the
details of transferring and processing all levels of security
clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for
you. You should know: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement
for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government
Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring
Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. About
Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and
advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law. ]]
Keywords: Kelly, Bethesda , Scientific Communications Editor - NIH - Rockville, MD, Advertising , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!