Director, Digital Marketing
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Director, Digital Marketing
Bluemercury is seeking an experienced Director of Digital Marketing
to lead the strategy, implementation, and optimization of digital
marketing across all digital channels.
The Director of Digital Marketing will have a successful track
record of creating and executing 360 digital marketing campaigns,
managing a team of channel leads, and delivering measurable results
against performance metrics. This position will oversee strategy
and performance to drive the marketing funnel from brand awareness
to conversion across digital, from search to social, email and SMS,
affiliate and programmatic.
They will support our Bluemercury digital and retail business, as
well as the growth of our proprietary brands.
In this role, you will lead external partners, including agencies
and technology providers, and build strong cross-functional
relationships with internal teams with visibility to senior
leadership. The right person for this role loves data and analytics
and should be passionate about beauty, luxury retail, digital and
The position reports directly to the Sr. Director, Digital.
- Lead acquisition and retention strategy across Search (SEM,
SEO), Social (paid and organic), Email & SMS, Programmatic
(display, streaming), and Affiliate.
- Work cross-functionally to build and lead large-scale,
evergreen, and seasonal omnichannel campaigns
- Manage and optimize budget, including forecasting, pacing, and
efficiency updates to meet sales plans and traffic targets
- Provide regular performance reporting, insights, and analytics
with strong data storytelling
- Serve as go-to digital marketing generalist while leading and
developing team of channel specialists - Manage agency partners and
growing portfolio of digital marketing tools to enable intense
growth period - Manage and grow team of direct reports in a
positive environment, encouraging curiosity, innovation, and
collaboration - Stay current on evolving digital trends,
technology, and best practices to present opportunities and bring
new activities to life
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 8-10+ years of experience[GU1] in a data-driven
marketing and/or ecommerce role within a retail brand environment
with a focus on digital marketing, including three or more of the
following core functions: search (SEM, SEO), social (paid,
organic), affiliate, programmatic (display, streaming) and/or email
- Minimum 3+ years in a leadership capacity, growing and building
a team, and managing direct reports of varying levels of seniority.
Enjoys coaching, mentoring, and developing team members.
- Minimum 3+ years successfully managing agency partners and
client/vendor relationships, including invoices and
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing and optimizing a
multi-million-dollar acquisition budget and taking a company
through an intensive growth period.
- Proven experience working with analytics and testing strategies
to measure and communicate marketing impact. Highly proficient in
the use of third-party analytics, reporting tools, and digital
- Proactive problem solver. Ability to quickly learn internal
systems, processes, and additional software/web-based
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to effectively
interact across business functions and synthesize information to
- Strong project management capabilities and highly organized
with strong attention to detail.
- Autonomous, accountable, and self-starter. Thrives in a fast
pace, highly collaborative, remote work environment.
This job description is not all inclusive. Bluemercury, Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Bluemercury, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment.
Keywords: Bluemercury, Bethesda , Director, Digital Marketing, Advertising , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!