Help Desk Engineer II
Company: Teaching Strategies, LLC
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Teaching Strategies is a high growth, private-equity backed, market
leading business in early childhood education. The Company provides
the most innovative and effective curriculum, assessment,
professional development, and family connection resources to
programs serving children from birth through 3rd grade. With
ground-breaking print and SaaS solutions and a strong belief that
the most powerful way to impact child outcomes is to improve
teacher effectiveness, Teaching Strategies has been supporting the
critical work of early childhood educators for over 30 years.
Located in downtown Bethesda, MD, our company's headquarters are
within steps from Bethesda Row and the Bethesda Metro stop.
Candidates who fit with our values, vision, and mission will find a
work environment that fosters creativity, innovation and career
growth. We are building a team of results-oriented individuals who
will thrive in a collaborative, work-hard/play-hard culture. We
pride ourselves on the impact we have on the early childhood field
through supporting teachers who are doing the most important work
there is, teaching children to become creative, confident
What's in it for you
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits
and other perks which include:
- Beautifully designed, open office space
- Coffee and cereal bar
- Free on-site gym
- Casual dress environment
- Company sponsored events
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for spouses, domestic
partners, and children
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Health savings accounts with employer contributions
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Company sponsored life, short and long term disability
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave programs
- Generous paid time off (which includes Winter Break)
The Help Desk Engineer II monitors the Help Desk queues for new and
available tickets, provides technical support to local and remote
employees, prepares accounts and systems for new employees, ensures
that IT asset management systems are accurately updated, and
assists the Systems Administrators with daily network operations,
infrastructure management, and planning. The Help Desk Engineer II
is responsible for management of IT inventories, including making
purchase requests and disposal requests for computer hardware and
software. This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but
mentorship is encouraged. Work-from-home is not permitted for this
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Monitors help desk queues, prioritizes and responds to incoming
- Provides technical support for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows
laptops and desktops.
- Provides assistance with network printing and file
- Troubleshoots and resolves network connectivity issues for end
- Maintains hardware, software and mobile device
- Images, deploys, troubleshoots, and repairs workstation
hardware and software.
- Deploys, troubleshoots, and repairs mobile device hardware and
- Provides telephone and remote desktop support to off-site
- Creates, updates, disables and archives Microsoft Active
Directory, Office 365 user objects & mailboxes.
- Maintains and creates Microsoft Exchange groups, rooms,
- Provides troubleshooting support for A/V presentations
(laptops, projectors, etc.).
- Coordinates transportation of AV equipment to and from off-site
- Assists with the construction of event booths and the
purchasing and setup of related electronics and support
- Assists with the selection and inventory levels of
miscellaneous hardware and peripherals.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of hands-on help desk experience in a corporate
- CompTIA Security+, Network+, A+ certifications strongly
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot the following
operating systems is required: Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows 10,
Apple iOS 11+. Certifications strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016/2019/365 is
required. Certifications a plus.
- Experience with JAMF Casper Suite is preferred.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, switching,
- Knowledge of network security fundamentals (firewall concepts,
virus outbreak containment, least privilege, password
- Ability to approach troubleshooting logically rather than by
trial and error is required.
- Strong organizational skills (e.g. maintenance of a clean
workspace) are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with users &
colleagues are required.
- Flexibility and time management skills are required.
- Interest in learning about new technologies and
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse
workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of
Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans and Individual with
Keywords: Teaching Strategies, LLC, Bethesda , Help Desk Engineer II, Engineering , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!