Network Engineer Sr.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
SPN Solutions is seeking to hire a senior level, skilled Network
Engineer Sr. to support ongoing critical requirements with one of
our Defense customers in Bethesda, MD. The Network Engineer Sr.
will be responsible for the ability to design, configure, test,
implement and maintain network support activities, and ability to
support application programmers working in that environment. The
Network Engineer Sr. will function as part of a team, inclusive of
customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and
communication skills to ensure success.
Primary Job Duties
- Demonstrate ability to design, configure, test, implement and
maintain network support activities, and ability to support
application programmers working in that environment.
- Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel
responsible for network design, implementation, and operations
tasks, including the review of work products for correctness,
adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and progress
in accordance with schedules.
- Evaluate and resolve network and processor problems using
network analysis tools. Design, configure and implement networks.
Evaluate network performance using hardware and software diagnostic
tools. Evaluate network changes for operational impact.
- Participate in designing, planning and installation of new
networks and hardware.
- Make recommendations for approval of major network
- Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations
on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user
- Work with other technical teams to ensure network
infrastructure meets all user requirements and security
- Draft technical documentation of network issue resolution,
changes, and infrastructure.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new computer network
equipment and technologies.
- Analyze current products and recommend changes/upgrades to
- Identify, assess, and develop detailed requirements for
upgrading networks as well as re-architecting network segments to
facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Minimum Six (6) years hands on Network Engineer Sr.
- Four-year bachelor's degree.
- Must meet DOD 8570 requirements.
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- Network Administration experience required
- CCNA or higher certification required; CCNP preferred
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make
effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems
development methods, organizational change management concepts, and
business process improvement methods.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated
project planning tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Experience with project cost management and resource capacity
- Experience with Business Process development and Change
At SPN, we have a corporate culture which fosters creative
thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less
than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core
principles daily through our corporate Values and culture.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for
you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching
- Generous vacation and sick leave plan
- Parental leave plan
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking
SPN Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any
other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local
statutes. SPN Solutions Inc. will treat all employees equally with
respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including
upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and
conditions of employment.
Keywords: SPN, Bethesda , Network Engineer Sr., Engineering , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!