Senior Network and Security Engineer
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Requisition Number: 02071B
Job Title: Senior Network and Security Engineer
State: MD Job Title: Senior Network and Security Engineer
Reports to: Director, IT Infrastructure and Desktop Services
Job Summary:--Is responsible for performing technical work tasks
under general supervision within their assigned work area. Installs
and maintains all physical aspects of ASHP datacenterand connected
devices. This includes the design, operation, setup and monitoring
of the Local Area Network (LAN) as well as the performance of
upgrades/enhancements as directed by the Director of Information
Technology (IT) Infrastructure and Desktop Services and the Chief
Information Officer and Vice President, Office of Information
Technology. The Senior Network and Security Engineer will also work
on implementing, enhancing, and monitoring security measures to
protect ASHP network. Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineers, implements and monitors security measures for the
protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots Windows 2012 R2, 2016
- Develops technical solutions and new security tools to help
mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable
- Manages Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive and
- Configures and manages System Center Configuration Manager
(SCCM) for Software updates, applications deployment, compliance
and endpoint protection.
- Configures, manages and troubleshoots backup systems and
performs disaster recovery for software and data, including offsite
- Manages end-user accounts, permissions, access rights, and
storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding
privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Performs quality assurance and tests functionality of new
software/hardware prior to deployment.
- Configures, manages and supports Citrix Virtual Apps and
Desktops (on-premise and Citrix Cloud).
- Provides after-hours support as part of the on-call team to
ensure regular operations.--
- Provides Tier 3 Desktop support for end-users as needed.
- Collaborates with supervisors to install and maintain network
connected devices in a way that minimizes the impact on ASHP remote
and local staff. This responsibility includes handling:
VMware/Windows based servers; network storage including Storage
Area Network (SAN), and backup devices including disk and tape;
wireless infrastructure; and Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
- Works closely with the Director, IT Infrastructure and Desktop
Services, Network Engineers, System Engineers and Desktop Support
to satisfy approved requests from ASHP end-users and provide
consistent high-quality IT operations for all ASHP staff.
- Manages projects/tasks and sets realistic delivery
dates/expectations while carefully tracking progress and regularly
reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure and Desktop
- Performs the installation of LAN system software and upgrades
by hardware/software vendor(s) as assigned.
- Performs quality assurance and test functionality of new
software/hardware prior to deployment.
- Collaborates with vendors to resolve software and hardware
problems that arise.
- Provides technical input to resolve new system migration
issues. Participates in all "after action" reviews, problem
resolution and cleanup tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Cisco
Certification is required.
- Citrix, office 365, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
Certifications are desired.
- Certification in IT security is desired.
- Requires a minimum of seven years prior related work experience
as a Network/system engineer, at least three of which include
participating in architecting and implementing new IT
- Requires a minimum of two years prior work in IT Security.
- Hands-on experience configuring Firewalls.
- Prior association or nonprofit technology experience
- Strong communication skills along with excellent interpersonal
- Interest in mentoring other team members and sharing
- Interest in achieving certifications.
- Experience Configuring and supporting Firewalls.
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems.
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
deployment and support.
- Experience with SAN technology.
- Experience with Cisco switches and wireless.
- Experience with SCCM.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls,
intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication
systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Experience with Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Active Directory Federation Services
(ADFS) and Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and
related networking protocols, VMware, Citrix Netscaler, Nimble
Storage, Cisco. ASHP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion,
national origin, age, gender, sexual preference, sexual
orientation, gender identity, transgender status, marital status,
family status, genetic information, pregnancy, parenthood,
political affiliation, veteran's status, disability, or any other
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and
let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a
case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a
request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay
Transparency Statement .
Keywords: ASHP, Bethesda , Senior Network and Security Engineer, Engineering , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!