Senior Network Engineer, Full time position
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Careers - MSC - Senior Network Engineer, Full time position in
Bethesda, Maryland - Careers at Bethesda Skip to Main Content
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your
browser to experience all the personalized features of this site,
including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page
Returning Candidate? Log back in! Senior Network Engineer, Full
time position Job ID 2020-4402 # of Openings 1 Job Location(s)
US-MD-Bethesda Posted Date 3 days ago (3/19/2021 4:35 PM) Category
Information Technology Overview We are searching for a Senior
Network/Cloud Engineer to support the Lister Hill National Center
for Biomedical Communications in North Bethesda, MD. This is a
full-time position with full benefits. You will start out working
remotely until we beat Covid. We are looking for those IT
professionals that enjoy having a passion for what they do and want
to work for an organization that gives back to the community.
That's what a position at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
will give you is an opportunity to contribute to the betterment of
America's public health system. Be on the cutting edge as
discoveries are made to improve your countries health! Duties &
Responsibilities The Senior Network/Cloud Engineer will--provide
support with the network, security, engineering systems, HPC and
- Utilize your experience in multiple disciplines including high
performance computing (HPC), cloud, architecture, design, network,
security and systems to implement and provide advanced system
engineering services to the National institutes of Health
- Manage, administer and support daily operation of computing
systems both onsite and in the cloud.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable High-Availability (HA)
and Fault-Tolerant (FT) computing systems.
- F ollowing the best cloud computing practice by utilizing
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud
(EC2) and other advanced technical cloud features .
- Investigate and provide technical options to managers and
researchers for selecting effective computing solutions based on
requirements. Requirements Qualifications:
- Minimum five years of hands-on systems
administration/engineering experience with Linux.
- Minimum three years with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud
- Extensive administration experience in GPU-based
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing computing performance and
- Comprehensive knowledge of security compliance and security
- Proficient skills in shell scripting, Ruby, Perl or
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability
to identify priorities to accomplish a variety of tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to
work with people at every level. Desired qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge in Configuration Management (CM)
process and software development tools such as Git, GitLab, Nexus,
Jenkins, Maven or JIRA.
- Knowledge of statistics, numeric modeling, data analyzing and
- Administration experience in F5 load balancing.
- Knowledge of FISMA and Certification and Accreditation
- AWS certification at Professional level.
- E xperience with cloud CLI and SDK. Education:
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or other equivalent
engineering disciplines from a reputable college. #LI-LM1 Company
Description We are a trusted government partner that blends deep
domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers
solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a
rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit,
customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency
missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants
management. The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees--an
opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract,
we--offer a path to develop an enriching career.--We believe--in
empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee
growth. What you'll get---
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal
characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status. Options Apply for this job online
Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Bethesda , Senior Network Engineer, Full time position, Engineering , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!