Company: Simis Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
SimIS Inc, an innovative information technology solution Veteran
Owned Small Business (VOSB), is currently seeking a dedicated
Who We Are: Founded in 2007, SimIS Inc., is an innovative
information technology solution Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB)
that models future environments, requirements, and capabilities,
and then secures the enterprise from internal and external threats
compliant with Federal, State, and industry standard governance to
ensure client mission success.
Our performance standard is excellence, with outcomes-based quality
focus in our services and products, guided by our core values of:
honesty (in word and deed), relationships (confidence and trust
with clients and partners), teamwork (shared goals, mission, and
purpose), loyalty (allegiance to our client and team) and
importance of others (work and win as a team).
This position will be responsible for enabling a more efficient and
effective operations and enterprise business solution that supports
both current and future IT needs.
- Providing technical support in all areas of networking, such as
routers, firewalls, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluating, coordinating, and performing installation and/or
reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of networks.
- Perform day-to-day network sustainment activities.
- Creating and maintaining network documentation.
- Assist with design, implementation, and integration of network
- IP address management IPAM, switch setup, and network
The Network Engineer shall have at least four (4) years of
networking experience, two (2) of which shall include experience
with Cisco products in an Ethernet environment.
Years of experience beyond the minimum may be considered a
Work experience shall also include/demonstrate:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, hardware and software
products, in particular Cisco routers, Cisco switches and COMSEC
- Customer service skills as well as oral and written
communication skills; and
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, conduct research, and to
learn and propose new technology solutions.
The Network Engineer must possess and maintain a Drivers License
for potential operation of low-speed, Government-furnished
equipment (utility cart). Either the Senior Network Engineer OR the
Network Engineer shall possess and maintain a Top Secret
The Network Engineer shall have, at a minimum, an associates degree
in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science,
or communications management from an accredited
In lieu of the associates degree, the Network Engineer may have one
of the following certifications:
- GSEC; Security + (CE) Certificate;
- SSCP Certificate;
- ENSA Certificate; or
- CNSSI/NSTISSI 4011/4012 Certificate.
Additionally, within six (6) months from the date they begin
performing under this task order, the Network Engineer shall
obtain, and thereafter maintain, a current Cisco Certified Network
Associate (CCNA) Certificate.
U.S. Citizenship And Active Secret Clearance Required.
Location: Bethesda, MD and some at Contractor's site in Stafford
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Holidays each year
SimIS, Inc. is an AA / EOE / M / F / Disability / VET / Drug Free
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Simis Inc., Bethesda , Network Engineer, Engineering , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!