Cybersecurity Engineer Network
Posted on: June 18, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos currently has an immediate
opening for a Cybersecurity Engineer with a networking background,
supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos'
High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for
architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems
solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and
analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with
state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and
"game changing" trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a
brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long
running program, performing work that has a major impact, with
access to additional pay options. This position requires US
citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security
clearance.This position is part of the HFS cyber security team, and
is responsible for maintaining and improving the security posture
for the information systems that support the development and
fielding of a variety of US Naval training systems. Candidate will
perform at least the following tasks:
- Develop, manage, administer, and troubleshoot unclassified and
- Develop, manage, and administer information assurance policies
and procedures associated with networking.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining all necessary
documentation, policies, and procedures, providing direct end-user
support as needed, and providing subject-matter expert assistance
to other related projects as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of current and future trends,
threats and vulnerabilities to existing and new technologies.
Candidate should be current on all areas of Cybersecurity.
- Be thoroughly familiar with a variety of concepts, practices,
and procedures associated with networking both Linux and Microsoft
- Have solid LAN/WAN knowledge and knowledge of DoD IT security
requirements, including: DSS/NISPOM Compliance, DoD/Navy Policy
Compliance, system auditing and log reviews, defense-in-depth
strategies, system patching and remediation, and
network-based/host-based vulnerability assessment.
- Perform regular audits of network devices, including review of
system audit logs, verification and maintenance of regular backups
of the network configuration, and inventorying of network
components. Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored and
tested to ensure that all network components are able to be
restored. Perform patch management of all networks within the
facility. Ensure that each IS's Configuration Management Plan is
maintained, audited, and updated regularly in regards to
- Maintain Network Access Control Management, audit network logs,
and ensure that unauthorized personnel are not granted use of, or
access to, any network within the facility.
- Assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in the
management of networks, and maintain security posture through
entire lifecycle and adherence to the Risk Management Framework.
Ensure the implementation of security measures in accordance with
the SSP and ISSM's guidance.
- Perform periodic Risk Assessments of the networks and identify
and document any unique threats to them. Develop and perform
regular vulnerability and security posture tests of the network, as
required by the Security Control Assessor (SCA) and ISSM.
- Assist with the evaluation of changes or additions to the
network within the facility, work with the ISSM to determine
security relevance, and make recommendations for approval or denial
to the ISSM.
- Assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) with periodic
- Provide general technical support to users and general system
administrator support.Required Education:
- BA/BS degree. Select certifications may be substituted for the
education requirement. Candidate must be 8570.1M / 8140 compliant
with certifications of Security+, SSCP, or CISSP as well as
Network+, or CCNA (or better).Required Experience:
- Must have 4+ years of work experience, in part supporting Cisco
IOS and NXOS switches, routers, and ASA firewalls
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and
capabilities to successfully execute the duties and
responsibilities of this position
- Must have direct experience with maintaining and
troubleshooting network hardware, and be familiar with
virtualization using KVM and SLiRP
- Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player; be able
to work in a fast paced environment; adapt to changes tasking; and
be able to work with minimal supervisionDesired Experience:
- Linux script development
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, and Service Desk
- Experience with GDMS encryption devices such as the TACLANE
family of devices, VIPER phones, and key fill devices.External
Referral EligiblePay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Bethesda , Cybersecurity Engineer Network, Engineering , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!