Director of Engineering
Posted on: January 16, 2023
-is on a mission to transform how people build culture together
while growing individually. The platform deploys pulse surveys and
leverages data to recommend behavioral nudges that coach employees
based on their unique culture needs. It's designed to make culture
work feel light and approachable, helping people try new positive
behaviors that foster a sense of belonging for themselves and
others.You belong with us. -Vityl is looking for a Director of
Engineering to join our team and help facilitate a culture of
workplace belonging through technology.As the Director of
Engineering, you will help scale Vityl's Engineering function.
You'll own all things technical and work across all phases of
software development to bring the Vityl mission and vision to
life.What you'll do:
- Work closely with the founding team to define the product and
- Complete the development of our MVP and manage the beta release
from the technical side.
- Own and ship new features from inception to implementation.
Help develop, estimate, and refine timelines for new products on
- Manage testing, fix bugs, own iterations, and support Vityl's
product growth through customer feedback.
- Identify and define all technical tasks and run sprint planning
- Drive recruiting to build an excellent team that embodies
Vityl's core values.
- Lead engineering team and develop team members to grow their
skills, experiences, and contributions.
- Set technical best practices to establish a foundation for a
process-oriented, high-performance engineering organization.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their pain
points to inform and drive product development in collaboration
with the CPO.What makes you Vityl:
- A full-stack software engineer with 5+ years of experience;
bonus points for previous managerial experience
- Experience with our tech stack (React + TypeScript + Node.JS +
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate
complex technical topics and provide recommendations to
- Ambitious and self-starting; excited about 0-to-1 development
and comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands
- Enjoy building solutions from scratch and finding creative ways
to solve problems through code
- Excited about people management and growing a world-class
- Ability to work remotely and independently in an asynchronous,
agile work environmentWhat we offer:
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Fully remote position that is flexible on location and time
- The experience building a product with true impact on the
Keywords: Vityl, Bethesda , Director of Engineering, Engineering , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!