Lead Data Engineer
Company: Brivo Systems, LLC
Posted on: May 18, 2023
About the RoleAs the Lead Data Engineer, you will lead a team to
architect, build and operate Brivo's big data platform and data
warehouse that are real-time, stable and scalable to support data
analytics, reporting, data visualization and machine learning. In
this role you will help to build the Data Engineering team, mentor
and motivate team members on cutting edge big data technology and
best practices.You will also be expected to:
- Distill big data strategy into tactical projects by
collaborating with stakeholders, architecture team and product team
to support data analytics, reporting, data visualization, and
- Define quarterly project requirements by tracking milestones,
communicating blockers and ensuring progress.
- Lead the team to build the new real-time big data platforms
with open source technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Flink, and
- Lead the team to build the new data services with open source
technologies such as Superset etc.
- Contribute up to 50% of your time coding in at least one of
Python, Java, Scala, Node.js, or other mainstream programming
- Maintain operational status of all data sources and pipelines
including maintaining on call rotation.
- Display deep understanding of data warehousing concepts, data
manipulation strategies, data modeling, data pipelines, data
services, and workflows.
- Experience with leading projects of large data volume
(approximately 10TB of data) stored in heterogeneous data
- Refactor the existing data model into an easy-to-maintain data
solution across the organization.
- Collaborate with QC team to assure product quality.
- Collaborate with the release team and operational team to
automate build and deployment from DEV to PROD.
- Lead team projects and initiatives from inception to rollout
managing cross-team dependencies while keeping overall customer SLA
top of mind.
- Mentor team members to improve processes and promote the best
- 5+ years of work experience with a combination of data
modeling, ETL, database operations, and data services..
- 5+ years of work experience with coding in one of mainstream
programming languages: Python, Java, Scala, Node.js etc.
- 3+ years of experience working on data warehouses such as
- 3+ years of experience operating production workloads on
PostgreSQL (preferred), MySQL databases.
- 3+ years of experience with open source technologies (Spark,
Flink, Kafka, Presto, Hive, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in architecting and building scalable
data platforms processing data on a terabyte or petabyte
- 3+ years of experience managing ETL pipelines with tools such
as Fivetran, Airflow, Talend, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS EMR, Athena, Lambda, Kafka, S3,
- Experience leading teams of 3+ engineers.
- Familiarity with Agile principles including but not limited to
Scrum meetings and mechanics.
- Good understanding of modern data structures and business
intelligence reporting tools and track record of applying those to
build a system.
- Intellectually curious about emerging technologies with the
ability to turn that into reasonable working solutions.
- Ability to be efficient and to prioritize and deliver on
- Excellent communication skills and dynamic team
- Experience in real-time analytics applications.
- Experience in both batch and stream processing technologies,
Python, Java or Scala.
- Machine learning experience with Spark, jupyter Notebook, or
similar.About UsBrivo is the global leader in mobile, cloud-based
access control for commercial real estate, multifamily residential,
and large distributed enterprises. Our comprehensive product
ecosystem and open API provide businesses with powerful digital
tools to increase security automation, elevate employee and tenant
experience, and improve the safety of all people and assets in the
built environment. Having created the category over twenty years
ago, our building access platform is now the digital foundation for
the largest collection of customer facilities in the world, trusted
by more than 25 million users occupying over 300M square feet of
secured space in 42 countries.Our dedication to simply better
security means providing the best technology and support to
property owners, managers, and tenants as they look for more from
buildings where they live, work, and play. Our comprehensive
product suite includes access control, smart readers, touchless
mobile credentials, visitor management, occupancy monitoring,
health and safety features, and integrated video surveillance,
smart locks, and intercoms. Valued for its simple installation,
high-reliability backbone, and rich API partner network, Brivo also
has the longest track record of cybersecurity audits and privacy
protections in the industry.Brivo is privately held and
headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. Learn more at Brivo is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: Brivo Systems, LLC, Bethesda , Lead Data Engineer, Engineering , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...