Vice President, Payment & Fraud Products
Company: Marriott International, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Job Description Posting Date Mar 10, 2021
Job Number 21020567
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda,
Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with
more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to
grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of
discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take
JOB SUMMARY As a senior member of the Commerce & Partner Management
Products team, the Vice President, Payment & Fraud Products will
manage a group of technologies that support key business
capabilities needed for managing on and above property payment
services and gateways, payment fraud management, tax calculation
and services, and financial settlement. The VP drives technical
product vision and strategy for the group in partnership with
business stakeholder groups and ensuring alignment with overall
business objectives, KPIs and financial targets. They lead multiple
product teams to align with the vision and ensure a strategic lens
is applied to all decisions made. The VP leads management and
execution of the overall product roadmap for the group; not only at
the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving
deeply into business, product, and technical domains. They also
ensure overall group roadmap alignment and prioritization so that
the work of product teams focuses on development and enhancement of
capabilities with maximum value that aligns with the overall
business strategy. The VP brings strong product-oriented thinking
combined with a relentless focus on the end user. They are an
experienced storyteller and evangelist, communicating the need for
data-driven decision making, prioritization and execution of key
strategies needed to optimize product portfolio performance aligned
with strategic objectives. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Required
- 4-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in a
technology or business discipline.
- 12+ years in technology, product management and/or business
consulting, demonstrating progressive career growth and patterns of
- Significant experience and success in implementing new business
applications with complex technology integration and business
process change on time, on budget, and with high client
- Direct management of cross functional, sourced and matrixed
- Direct management of complex budgets in excess of $10M in
direct and indirect costs.
- Demonstrated ability to assess end user/customer needs,
creatively approach solutions, and decide and influence appropriate
course of action.
- Executive level communications skills with sensitivity to
global workforce, customer and communication needs.
- Demonstrated strong presentation, negotiation, and persuasion
skills with experience building business cases to drive investment
and resource decisions.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and think creatively.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills including team player that works
well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has
the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct
reporting accountability. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Understand how our business and technology needs are evolving
and provide insights and recommendations as you partner with key
stakeholders to identify short-term solves, bridge strategies, and
long-term visions for product group.
- Develop individual and/or unified technology product roadmaps
across the group's multiple domains, ensuring critical requirements
are identified, the best solutions for the customer are delivered
every time, and alignment with portfolio objectives.
- Ensure management and execution of the technology roadmaps and
backlogs across the group to implement product capabilities.
- Ensure high-level roadmap alignment across portfolios where
required and influences and aligns portfolio backlogs across the
organization to support broad initiatives and client needs.
- Partner with Infrastructure Delivery, Enterprise Architecture &
Shared Platforms, and Security to effectively prioritize
infrastructure updates, bug fixes/defects, and technical
debt/refactoring within product backlogs
- Advocate for the end user by developing a deep understanding of
their needs through feedback and research.
- Provide direction for the technology development, including
cost estimation, budget management, scope and delivery strategy
definition, and establish milestones/schedules
- Collaborate across teams, and creatively solve problems to
constructively balance priorities and overcome or remove blockers
required to successfully deliver a new product or feature.
- Partner with solution architects and software engineers to
determine best technical implementation methods as well as a
reasonable implementation schedule.
- Plan delivery, integration & test, and post-launch support for
all the elements required in product delivery and operation working
with applicable teams
- Ensure optimum level of demand management and capacity planning
across the group's people, process and technology as the owner of
its KPIs inclusive of business and financial metrics of
- Own the quality and overall group's product performance,
leading user testing and establishing KPI monitoring with QA
- Manage project/scrum teams based upon roadmap(s). Meet
regularly with the team(s) to gather work statuses, discuss
obstacles, provide advice, guidance, encouragement, and
constructive feedback to ensure deliverables are met timely.
- Effectively presents group opportunities in leadership
- Maintains high performance levels by attracting, developing and
retaining talent, managing performance, building career paths, and
aligning performance and rewards to company goals.
- Actively drives adoption of Technology operating model
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social
responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate
engagement. Marriott International is an equal opportunity
employer.--We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining
an inclusive, people-first culture.--We are committed to
non-discrimination on--any--protected--basis, such as disability
and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some
videos too! Marriott participates in the Electronic Employment
Eligibility Verification Program.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify ENGLISH/SPANISH (PDF)
Right to Work ENGLISH/SPANISH (PDF) Marriott International is an
equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce
and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does
not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any
other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. If you
are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing
the online application, please call 301-581-1400. Please leave a
message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your
call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be
email@example.com . "Applicant Accommodation" should
be included in the subject line of the email. Please note that this
phone number and email are only for those individuals who would
like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc., Bethesda , Vice President, Payment & Fraud Products, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!