Vice President of Multifamily Development
Company: EYA, LLC
Posted on: April 10, 2021
EYA, a premier residential developer in the Washington D.C.
Metropolitan Area, is seeking a Vice President of Multifamily
Development in Bethesda, MD. In this position, you will be
responsible for managing and executing all aspects of our
multifamily rental development business. You will work side-by-side
with our acquisition and development team with a focus on
delivering a development portfolio of multifamily and mixed-use
projects through inception, design, entitlement, construction,
marketing, lease-up, and asset management. The VP of Multifamily
Development will work with a development analyst, development
associate, or development manager and EYA's multifamily
construction team to fulfill their responsibilities.
EYA is well known as the DC Region's pre-eminent urban infill
townhouse developer. While we have maintained and grown our
leadership in the townhouse sector, over the past 10 years EYA has
created a successful multifamily business line spanning wood-frame,
podium and high-rise construction types. Our multifamily
development pipeline includes both merchant build and long-term
hold opportunities and ranges from suburban TOD to downtown core.
The pipeline also includes several mixed-income projects with
regional housing authorities.
EYA has completed over 1,000 multifamily units and has over 1,000
more units in our pipeline in the District, MD, and NOVA. EYA broke
ground on our most recent multifamily development in January of
2022 and have one to two closings projected in each of the next two
years. We aim to deliver approximately one new multifamily start
per year in the DC region.
We are looking for a skilled real estate leader with strong a
business acumen and deep multifamily development experience. This
is an incredible opportunity to be part of an award-winning company
focused on innovative and complex urban-infill development.
- Refine and drive EYA's multifamily business plan objectives,
including pipeline execution milestones.
- Assist acquisition team in new site and property acquisition
- Perform due diligence tasks with respect to zoning,
environmental risk, land use regulations, and other potential
barriers to development.
- Lead underwriting on new and existing multifamily projects,
including market research and competitive positioning.
- Manage pre-development budgets and schedules to ensure
execution of overall pipeline and project-specific business
- Collaborate across government agencies to secure entitlements
- Prepare investment committee memos. Lead JV equity
negotiations. Support construction and permanent loan originations
- Manage JV partnerships and lender relationships.
- Negotiate and manage professional service agreements with
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams through the project design
process and lead decision-making regarding product, positioning and
- Represent owner during construction phase and work in tandem
with multifamily construction staff to ensure design intent,
budget, and schedule.
- Lead property branding and marketing efforts with consultation
from EYA's marketing team.
- Represent owner during lease-up and direct external property
management to ensure absorption and rent goals.
- Perform asset management functions during duration of EYA's
- Report out to EYA Management Team on key multifamily business
- 8+ years of experience managing full-lifecycle multifamily
development projects (at least 3 full-lifecycle projects).
- Master's in real estate or MBA with Real Estate focus.
Engineering or Architectural degree preferred, but not
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and excellent
financial modeling skills.
- Excellent research skills and aptitude to understand the
dynamics of various locations, submarkets, economic conditions and
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with
the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- A willingness to work flexible hours and in a collaborative,
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility and
EYA was established in 1992 with the vision of building innovative
urban neighborhoods to the highest standards. The company has made
its name and reputation by creating high quality, lifestyle
friendly, residential communities throughout the Washington
Metropolitan Area. EYA was selected as America's Best Residential
Builder in 2002 and 2009 and its neighborhoods have earned over 200
other local and national awards. EYA has served as the master
developer for a number of large mixed-use projects and
public-private partnerships throughout the region and delivers
approximately 200 to 300 townhomes and 200-300 multifamily units
annually. Since our inception, EYA has developed, built, and sold
more than 5,000 homes in more than 40 communities. Go to to learn
more about EYA's development projects and capabilities.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: EYA, LLC, Bethesda , Vice President of Multifamily Development, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!