AFS Manager (REMOTE)
Company: Calibre CPA Group PLLC
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Accounting ManagerCalibre CPA Group is an established and
growing public accounting firm, and we are seeking a dedicated
Accounting Manager to join our Commercial Real Estate Practice.
This position requires extensive interaction with client personnel
as well as outside vendors. Tasks include, but are not limited, to
team leadership, financial & operational management, communication
of financial results, liaison with CEOs and Boards of Directors,
research, troubleshooting issues and discrepancies, all of which
involve possessing outstanding customer service skills. This
position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career
advancement. Our offices are in downtown Bethesda, MD office with
travel in and around the greater Washington, DC metro area. We also
have offices in Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, and New York
NY.Accounting Manager Responsibilities
- Team Leadership
- Direct the planning, development, implementation, budgeting,
maintenance and support of all client engagement functions.
- Administer and manage policies, standards, practices, and
security measures for all client engagement functions to assure
effective and consistent engagement operations.
- Train, supervise, mentor, evaluate and develop seniors and
staff according to both Calibre and client policies and procedures,
ensuring the overall smooth functioning of the department.
- Plan and direct the continual upgrading of software and
procedures to keep pace with technological progress, economic
change, and business needs.
- Department Management, Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Share in accountability for the success of Calibre CPA
- Oversee the development of client service plans and
- Participate in department and firm managers meetings.
- Business Development
- Look for opportunities to introduce expanded services to
- Write technical articles, develop training materials and
conduct training sessions.
- Client Service Responsibilities Policy Development
- Identify, address, and resolve issues related to the
effectiveness of internal controls.
- Evaluate operating risks and determine the appropriate
management of those risks.
- Develop financial management policies and guidelines to ensure
the protection of assets. Policies include, but are not limited to,
investments, travel, purchasing and overall internal controls.
- Financial & Operational Management
- Direct the financial function so that management is provided
with information necessary for decision-making and planning.
Provides leadership to in-house accounting and finance team
- Ensure that all financial transactions are accounted for in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure full integration of data with all financial systems
throughout the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local reporting
requirements, including federal and state tax returns, federal and
state payroll tax returns, sales and property tax returns and other
- Communication of Financial Results
- Carries out an open-book style of financial management by
sharing and training others on basic and technical accounting
- Present financial updates to client management weekly, monthly
and quarterly as determined by the terms of each engagement.
- Obtain an unqualified audit opinion to confirm that financial
statements were maintained in accordance with generally accepted
- Address and remedy any items noted in auditor's management
- Liaison with CEO and Board of Directors in Financial Data and
- Work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to provide
information needed to aid the Board's review and analysis of
client's financial health.
- Maintain positive working relations and serve as staff liaison
with Board Financial Management Committee, Executive Committee and
- Ensure compliance with the Board's Governance Policies related
to financial matters.
- Prepare quarterly reports on financial results.
- Perform special analyses and/or presents information at Board
- Work with auditors, investment managers, bankers, and other
professionals deemed appropriate by the Board.
- Organizational Risk Management
- Support the Operations and Executive Management Team of each
client to ensure identification and mitigation of risks in the
broad areas of environmental, process, and information risks.
- Utilize risk management experts, as needed, to assess
organizational risks and lead solution design.Accounting Manager
- Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- CPA with prior public accounting experience strongly
- 5+ years of progressively responsible finance, accounting,
contracts management, and team management work experience
- Commercial real estate experience
- Mastery of staff, senior and supervising senior
- Strong expertise in MS Excel for accounting.
- Proficiency in other MS Office applications (Word, Powerpoint,
- Ability to work with senior leadership and executive teams to
work through complex financial and operational scenarios.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to
individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance
- Able to perform in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software (Yardi preferred)
Keywords: Calibre CPA Group PLLC, Bethesda , AFS Manager (REMOTE), Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!