Director of Operations / Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Company: Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Hyatt Regency Bethesda is an iconic hotel located in the heart of
downtown Bethesda. Nestled above the Bethesda Metro Red Line, the
hotel offers easy access to Washington DC's famous museums,
monuments and zoo and is only minutes from Bethesda Row, which
offers unlimited shopping, dining, and entertainment. The Hotel
offers 390 modern guestrooms with upscale amenities.
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
One Bethesda Metro Center
Bethesda , MD 20814
The Director of Operations is responsible for continually focusing
on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost
control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while
maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
- Focus on front office operation, including training, scheduling,
daily duties, etc.
- Tour the operating departments, daily making adjustments as
needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions
presented by managers and self using the steps to effective
training according to Highgate Hotel standards, and the review of
previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs
in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers,
M.I.D.s and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity
levels and Highgate Hotel standard checkbook accounting
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency
training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of
- Adhere to all Highgate Hotel policies and procedures and train
new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel's budget process as
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each
department using the steps to effective training according to
Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which
focuses on the guest, through employee development and
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the
monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly,
courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests,
management and all other employees.
- On a monthly basis, forecast the hotel's financial position by
estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and
projected data to generate an accurate Reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s. Ensure that all
managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing
and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant
management position within the hotel prior to any offer being
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals according
to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s, and ensure that managers are in
compliance to the standards in their administration of performance
appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel
according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are
in compliance to the standards in their administration of
counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Vice President of
Operations, Regional Director of Operations, General Manager.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and
potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically
with regard to security and monthly safe audits are followed and
- Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active
role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules, and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the
- Supervise all F&B personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance
with respect to the same. Perform any necessary follow-up,
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain
competitive and profitable operations.
- Work with other Executive Committee members and keep them
informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Cooperate in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget
- Oversee operations of the employee cafeteria.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP's.
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP's, report
preparation, technical job tasks.
- Attend and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One
to One ), etc.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and
follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including
pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Keywords: Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Bethesda , Director of Operations / Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!