Product Manager 3
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Job Number 22109885
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location CEC Omaha, 1818 North 90th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United
States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Reporting to the Director, CEC Systems. The Product Manager III -
Associate Enablement, has key responsibilities for the
implementation and development of product roadmaps for designated
technology products and services to meet or exceed the needs and
expectations of management and associates. He/she ensures high
caliber customer satisfaction through the development and execution
of technology solutions throughout the globe for Customer
The Product Manager III will demonstrate leadership and best
practice related to product management and act as a mentor to other
product management functions. They will support overall portfolio
processes and work highly autonomously.
Working closely with senior CEC & Corporate IT leaders, this
position provides technology direction and execution to deliver
optimal business solutions supporting the contact center technology
platforms. This position works under the direction of the Director
CEC Systems, monitoring the flow of project work of Customer
Engagement Centers and Corporate iT departments in alignment with
broader business initiatives, projects and work teams.
Additionally, this position will coordinate closely with selected
vendor partners on the find, build and delivery of all current and
new Contact Center Technology.
A successful candidate possesses knowledge and experience,
including industry trends and best practices for a specific product
domain. Experience with SalesForce, or any other CRM platform, is
highly desired. He/she also demonstrates strong leadership and
relationship skills, significant information technology,
infrastructure and contact center experience as well as department
and organizational management experience. A proven understanding
and experience related to infrastructure, technology (hardware,
software & telecommunications) and P&L budgeting, is also key
to be successful in this role.
Education and Experience Preferred
* 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited
university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
and 6+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating
progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional
* 8+ years of relevant professional experience in of relevant
professional experience in marketing or related function,
demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
* Provide product management leadership for Customer Engagement
Systems from strategic planning, to tactical activities, to ongoing
optimization & continuous improvement.
* Leverage product dashboards to drive a data driven
decision-making culture to identify big and small opportunities to
improve performance, as well illustrate value for recently launched
/ optimized features.
* Effectively translate technology & process opportunities into
* Contribute a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in key
program area (CRM, Workforce management, IVR, CTI, Channel routing,
etc.) to support business unit and functional objectives
* Document requirements for current and future products and develop
the associated business case for new investments.
* Ensure all deliverables meet Marriott standards and
enterprise-wide project management standards for system design,
implementation and production
* Enable communications for internal executives and constituents
for product rollouts, as well as provide escalation support for
triaging production issues
* Benchmark comparable organizations while building deep
understanding of our customer profiles/ needs, plus business
strategies and needs for growth
* Work closely with key development partners within Corp IT
Plan/Build/Run as well as Digital & CX teams globally.
* Lead the benefit realization planning process with Finance and
* Manage the product feature cycle from strategic planning to
* Achieve results against budget within the scope of
* Support procurement efforts as needed (e.g. new tools, new
vendors), write statements of work and manage external vendors
* Facilitate strong working relationships with team members and
business sponsors to deliver exceptional product solutions
* Respond to, solve and makes decisions on business requests, brand
requests and hotel requests. Present solutions, leveraging work in
Managing Responsibilities with Stakeholders
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal
and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a
positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to
organizational goals and initiatives.
* Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities,
responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to
develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
* Assists with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
as business partnerships.
Leading and Managing Teams
* Participates in the hiring, development and retention of diverse
talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the
* Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high
standards, and innovation.
* Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct
reports using the performance review process and holds team
accountable for performance.
* Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear
leadership accountabilities are in place.
* Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to
drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of team, and
assists with their growth and development plans.
* Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
* Shows an understanding of the needs of different
customer/stakeholder segments and develops appropriate service
* Creates a serviceoriented environment and empowers others to
build strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
* Monitors customer/stakeholder feedback and metrics to improve
* Uses appropriate risk management resources when serious
customer/stakeholder situations occur.
* Creates and coaches others on promoting an environment where
everyone is valued and included.
* Champions the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect,
and fair treatment.
* Ensures processes are in place to address concerns related to
equity and fair treatment.
* Brings together people with diverse backgrounds to drive
innovation and engagement.
* Establishes diverse partnerships across the industry, profession,
* Champions the attraction, development, and retention of a
multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
* Ensures that all associates have the opportunity to achieve their
* Implements programs that promote inclusion and engagement.
* Ensures strategies are in place to promote inclusion, enhance
engagement, and maximize business results.
* Builds strong working relationships across departments or
* Models and coaches others on creating an open, trusting, and
supportive work environment.
* Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the
* Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for
achieving shared goals.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
* Sets and models expectations for required behavior, knowledge,
and skill levels.
* Provides ongoing feedback and customized coaching to others.
* Develops others by identifying needs and setting appropriate
department, team, and individual goals.
* Conducts talent reviews across the business and develops
succession plans for key leadership positions.
* Networks with high potential leaders and coaches others on
targeted recruitment efforts.
* Uses available recruiting and hiring tools, brings together
hiring teams, and makes hiring decisions.
* Supports successful onboarding of new hires.
* Continuously improves department, program, team, and job
structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in
* Puts systems and processes in place to manage department and
* Brings together the appropriate talent levels and mix of skill
sets to drive innovation and performance.
* Establishes and ensures understanding of the scope of
decision-making authority for team members.
* Models and holds direct reports accountable for using meetings
and other forums to regularly communicate.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
* Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to
deliver information in an articulate, understandable, and engaging
* Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or
* Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
* Models and coaches others on displaying a leadership style that
conveys confidence and gains respect from others.
Leading Through Vision and Values
* Models, coaches, and holds others accountable for leading
ethically and with a high degree of integrity.
* Promotes a convincing and inspiring vision for the direction of
the Company, brand, and team.
* Models and holds departments and project teams accountable for
developing and implementing programs that reflect the Company's
* Presents the need for change in a positive way that encourages
commitment and action.
* Encourages others to identify ways to implement desired
* Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during
* Models flexibility and adjusts others' and own priorities when
managing multiple demands.
* Manages stakeholder expectations during change.
* Develops strategies and provides resources to implement
* Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel when change
Problem Solving and Decision Making
* Models and sets expectations for offering suggestions and solving
* Uses data from different sources to evaluate alternatives,
consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
* Involves key stakeholders to gain agreement and support before
making high impact decisions.
* Makes key decisions and guides others to implement solutions in a
reasonable amount of time.
* Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company, brand,
discipline, and program strategies.
* Uses data to thoroughly evaluate opportunities and focuses on
those with the greatest potential business impact.
* Adapts global Company and brand strategies into plans that can be
implemented within the business to maximize customer/stakeholder
satisfaction and profitability.
* Uses data to build program strategies and make the business case
for stakeholder commitment.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
* Uses an understanding of market dynamics and the business
environment to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Monitors industry and market changes and adjusts priorities as
* Sets department or team standards and uses key business metrics
to evaluate performance.
* Models and coaches others on making business decisions based on
data from a variety of sources.
* Evaluates profit and loss statements, develops operating budgets,
and conducts forecasting.
* Demonstrates sound business judgment in addressing resource needs
and improving efficiencies while balancing associate,
customer/stakeholder, and financial results.
* Creates an environment where learning is valued and
* Models and sets expectations for others to evaluate own and
others' strengths and developmental needs.
* Secures resources and creates opportunities for self and others
to improve performance through stretch assignments and other
professional development activities.
* Models and coaches others on staying current on industry and
discipline trends and holds others accountable for using relevant
* Establishes training requirements for the team and holds others
accountable for meeting training goals.
* Models and holds others accountable for staying current in area
* Shows a strong understanding of the operating principles,
resource needs, terminology, and interdependence of all relevant
functions to support successful discipline operations.
* Promotes the development of partnerships across teams to solve
complex issues and improve performance.
* Ensures compliance with contractual, legal and regulatory
Building a Successful Team
* Coordinates with other departments and teams and helps clarify
the responsibilities of each group.
* Communicates clear expectations about how departments, teams, and
individuals contribute to success.
* Considers associates' strengths and team dynamics when assigning
* Coaches and holds others accountable for establishing
teambuilding strategies and encouraging cooperation.
* Involves team members in making decisions that impact the
* Recognizes achievements that support department and team
Driving for Results
* Reinforces a team environment that encourages accountability,
high standards, innovation, and strong business performance.
* Works with others to establish shared and individual goals.
* Monitors department, team, and individual performance.
* Makes sure associates are clear on expectations, timelines, and
* Identifies and focuses on business opportunities that have the
highest value for the Company.
* Helps others understand work requirements by explaining why the
work is important and by breaking down projects into manageable
* Analyzes department, team, and individual workload to prioritize
tasks and delegate appropriately.
* Identifies and obtains the equipment, materials, personnel, and
other resources teams need to accomplish their work.
* Establishes and coaches others on processes for monitoring work
quality and project milestones.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with
more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to
grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of
discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take
Keywords: Marriott International, Bethesda , Product Manager 3, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!