Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration)
Company: Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Cherry Bekaert LLP is a place to learn, a place to grow, and a
place to stay. We are a full-service public accounting and
consulting firm with offerings in offices throughout the Southeast
and into the Southwest. With growing industry expertise, a strong
support system, and our team's shared values, we encourage you to
choose the path that best suits you because at Cherry Bekaert, your
career is about you. Join the Firm that recognizes the power of the
We believe in and promote an environment where our people are
excited and engaged to contribute their best. Cherry Bekaert
strives to exhibit a culture of inclusiveness and diversity in our
offices by involving all of our people and their unique, individual
perspectives in our business. We want all of our employees to feel
a sense of belonging by welcoming and appreciating the uniqueness
that each individual brings to the firm.
The Government & Public Sector (GPS) Risk Advisory team at Cherry
Bekaert is growing and we are looking for talented individuals to
be a part of it. Apply to join our team as a Manager within our
State and Local practice. As a member of the GPS team, you will
help clients protect and enhance the value of their organizations
by leveraging their system of internal controls to enable growth,
manage risk, and define sustainable operations.
What your day looks like as a GPS Risk Advisory Manager:
As a Manager, you will lead teams in the performance of consulting
engagements to effectively manage risks across an organization. You
will focus on projects specific to grant administration and review.
Day to day tasks may include:
* Lead engagements with appropriate oversight from a partner,
principal or managing director.
* Ensure project quality control and oversight management of client
engagements from start to finish, including adequate planning,
execution, and direction while managing the budget.
* Effectively leading and managing a team of professionals,
including reviewing associates' work assignments and providing
* Rationalize internal controls for our clients to focus on
compliance and reporting risks and optimize client system of
* Develop risk perspectives and internal control recommendations
based on thorough understanding of business processes and related
* Help clients manage risk by recommending improved control design
intended to satisfy regulatory requirements efficiently.
* Work effectively with external auditors of our clients to ensure
a seamless client delivery experience and achieve efficiencies
across internal and external audit.
* Support the development of new services and solutions including
data analytics, process automation, compliance management systems,
and targeted solutions.
* Maintain a strong client focus by understanding the client's
business needs while developing productive working relationships
with client personnel to accomplish objectives.
* Learn and understand the Firm and its professional service
* Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify
potential opportunities to apply Cherry Bekaert's services.
* Contribute to the internal development of the practice, including
process improvement or operations
What you bring to this role:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or relevant industry
* 6+ years of State and Local experience working as an Internal
Auditor, External Auditor or in similar public accounting and
* In depth knowledge of Grant Management, ARPA, and/or Lease
* In depth knowledge of external audit methodologies and internal
control methodologies (Green Book, Yellow Book, COSO, COBIT,
* Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple
* Strong risk management experience able to support writing reports
of control descriptions, internal control findings and
* Ability to serve on and manage multiple engagements at a time,
working with team members throughout our firm.
* Demonstrated experience in applying relevant technical,
regulatory and Public Sector knowledge.
* Demonstrates business development skills needed to grow the
* Excellent written and verbal communication capable of managing
projects, client expectations and deliverable development.
* Travel may be required (approx. 15% pending prevailing public
Nice to have:
* Progressive use of data capabilities to improve servicing
operations, including process automation, data analytics techniques
and/or workflow management systems.
* Knowledge of servicing platforms common to the industry.
What we offer you:
* A well-run firm that offers stability and opportunity to develop
as a leader and grow your book of business
* Collaborative environment focused on career advancement and
* Supportive partnership group with a "one firm" mentality and a
commitment to colleagues' success
* Big firm resources and bench strength; small firm flexibility and
openness to new ideas
* Collaboration across service lines and offices; a firm culture
that embraces one another and the community; and an excellent
opportunity to help bring along talented new staff, seniors, and
* Defined metrics and targets that eliminate ambiguity
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and
advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all
50 U.S. states and internationally. "Cherry Bekaert" is the brand
name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory
LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in
an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable
professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm
that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and
its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest
services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and
accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax,
benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive
compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your
performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits
program which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability
and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid
Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your
personal and work life and providing you and your family with a
measure of financial protection.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information
related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act:
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United
States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of
Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global
association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn,
Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
2022 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
No Agencies Please
Keywords: Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P., Bethesda , Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration), Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!