Company: GRF CPAs & Advisors
Posted on: January 18, 2023
GRF CPAs & Advisors is seeking an Audit Manager to join our
Audit practice. The Audit Manager is the liaison between the
partner, the client, and the professional staff. Managers are
responsible for managing multiple auditing projects and client
engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing, and
coordinating engagement workflow. Managers develop and train staff,
and make associations to develop new business for the
firm.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must adhere to the Firms system of Quality Control.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation, or review
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a
thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client's
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements using firm policies and
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members;
reviews and makes staff assignments accordingly.
- Prepares engagement letter for approval by partner.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by
- Adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work
papers and reports.
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will
- Keeps partner informed of significant developments on
engagements; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that financial statements and letters of
recommendations are prepared in accordance with professional and
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions
- Develops staff by assisting in performance evaluations,
recruiting, and training.
- Communicates details of fees to clients, and assists in
collection of overdue accounts.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and its
opinions on financial matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of
possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business
- Acts as an instructor in professional development
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to
time by the partners.
- Participates in firm's practice and proposal development
- Such other duties as may be assigned. Requirements
- Bachelors degree in accounting and at least six (6) years
experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in
complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed.
- A current and valid certified public accountant's license is
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute
- Proficiency in use of accounting software. Caseware
- Effective written and oral communications with employees,
partners, clients, and vendors.
- Organize projects set priorities and delegate tasks under
constantly changing circumstances for different clients and
- Assume lead role in planning and implementing assigned
- Keep long term objectives in mind while focusing on daily
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm and client
- Demonstrated ability to bring in new business
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is
required each year to maintain and develop technical and business
skills, as well as to maintain license requirements.
- Participates in career development program to improve
managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Acts as mentor to less experienced staff BenefitsThis is a full
time position. Our office is located two blocks from the Bethesda
Metro Station (red line). Our benefits include a 401(k) plan with
profit sharing, 100% paid individual medical, life and disability
insurance, student loan repayment, and a culture that fosters
flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from
you!GRF CPAs & Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, protected veteran status or disability. At GRF
CPAs and Advisors, we cultivate an inclusive business environment
where all employees are valued for their unique contributions to
our mission to provide exceptional financial, tax and consulting
services to our clients in the US and around the world.
Keywords: GRF CPAs & Advisors, Bethesda , Audit Manager, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!