Community Voice Program Manager
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit
organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major
steps and pioneering new ways to advance the mission to find a cure
for cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with CF the
opportunity to lead long, fulfilling lives by funding research and
drug development, partnering with the CF community, and advancing
high-quality, specialized care. We are the global leader in the
search for a cure for cystic fibrosis and nearly every CF drug and
therapy available today was made possible because of CF Foundation
support. We did this not only for the close to 40,000 people living
in the U.S. with CF - and the estimated 105,000 people worldwide -
but for the people with CF and families who have worked tirelessly
to support the mission. These achievements have required dedication
and unwavering commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation
employees. We promote an environment that attracts -- and retains
-- a diverse group of talented people who are passionate about
eradicating this disease . Join us and you will join an amazing
team, devoted to our community, and our mission. Position
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its
employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core
values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will
continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another.We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that
has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic
fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this
disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible
because of Foundation support.POSITION SUMMARY The Community Voice
Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the
Community Voice program. This individual will enable CFF's
commitment to partner with the community by consulting with key
stakeholders to solicit, integrate, and coordinate community
involvement. This role leads program growth strategies, program
evaluation, and program communications. In addition, this role will
oversee and manage three individual contributors, and will need to
operate at a strategic level while also being involved in the
day-to-day program management.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Manage Community Voice program; develop and execute plans to
increase awareness, utilization, and growth of Community
- Devise and implement strategies to expand the reach of
Community Voice and solicit community member input from people with
- Analyze member engagement and implement strategies to maintain
or increase engagement.
- Educate and consult on strategies to engage CF community
members to leverage the value of Community Voice.
- Oversee Community Voice member training and stewardship,
including referring members to Chapters.
- Design and generation of regular impact reports; maintaining
accurate program information and data and other program
administration, and management tasks.
- Oversee, coordinate, and provide quality assurance for all
community insight projects across team including committee
recruitment, focus groups, survey projects, and other engagement
- Lead Community Partnerships or CF Foundation projects and
- Identify strategies to support CFF's principles of equity,
racial justice, diversity and inclusion into programs and
day-to-day job duties.
- Develop, manage and coach a team of three individual
contributors.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required. Relevant
experience may be accepted in lieu of education.
- Minimum of six (6) years of related experience, including one
(1) to three (3) years of management/supervisory or leadership
- Group facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to plan and execute effective online meetings and
- Understanding of the basic research and drug development
- Knowledge of emerging strategies for patient engagement and
community-based research methods.
- Understanding of the physical and mental and holistic health
manifestations of CF.
- Advanced ability to communicate and establish effective working
relationships with diverse stakeholders, including clinicians,
- Ability to analyze and present qualitative and quantitative
data and make data driven recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively across departmental
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in identifying risks.
- Ability to manage staff and drive desired outcomes through
staff; ability to develop team through effective coaching.REPORTING
- Reports to the Director, Connections Insights and
- Direct reports include a Program Coordinator and two Project
- Standard office environment.
- Travel , events, meetings, etc.The above is intended to
describe the general content of and requirements for the
performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive
statement of essential functions, responsibilities or
requirements.Total Rewards: The CF Foundation is committed to
offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive),
benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize
our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a
highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits
package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous
time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health
savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and
disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of
work-life benefits to support employees and their family
members.The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to
work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit
and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or
mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national
origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or
testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or
status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any
characteristic protected by law.Reasonable Accommodations: The CF
Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application
procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an
accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , Community Voice Program Manager, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!