Tax Manager - Individual
Company: Calibre CPA Group PLLC
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Calibre CPA Group is an established and growing public
accounting firm, and we are seeking an experienced Tax Manager who
specializes in tax compliance and consulting for high net-worth
individuals and closely held businesses. The Tax Manager will lead
and manage multiple tax engagements, ensuring the delivery of
quality tax services to firm clients. The ideal candidate for this
position will have recent tax experience in a public accounting
setting. Strong performance in this role will open opportunities
for advancement.Our offices are located in downtown Bethesda, MD.
We also have offices in Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA and New York
NY. JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Prepare and review federal and state income taxes for firm
clients, focusing on individuals and trusts.
- Research various tax issues and filing requirements and draft
tax technical memorandums.
- Respond to and resolve notices from the IRS and State taxing
- Work closely with the audit and accounting financial service
employees and clients to address complex tax and accounting
- Build new and existing client relationships by demonstrating
in-depth knowledge of client businesses and subject matter
expertise in their accounting and tax needs.
- Maintain active communication with key client personnel
throughout the year.
- Participate in the management of tax department workflow and
- Manage, coach, evaluate, and develop staff.
- Conduct regular review of staff work product and help to
confirm staff has the knowledge, tools, and opportunities they need
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Taxation
- CPA Certification or EA designation
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive tax experience in public
- Expert knowledge of Forms 1040, 1041, multi-state income tax
- Knowledge of Forms 1065, 1120, 1120S, 5500, 990, 990T, PPT a
- Proficiency in CCH Axcess, BNA Income Tax Planner
- Technical writing and research experience in tax context
- Deep understanding of IRS practice and procedures
- Ability to review staff work product and provide feedback
- Master's Degree in Taxation (preferred) EEO: Calibre CPA
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Calibre CPA complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.Calibre CPA expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Calibre employees to perform their
job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge..
Keywords: Calibre CPA Group PLLC, Bethesda , Tax Manager - Individual, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!