Executive Assistant to the President & CEO and the Chief of Staff
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit
organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major
steps and pioneering new ways to advance the mission to find a cure
for cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with CF the
opportunity to lead long, fulfilling lives by funding research and
drug development, partnering with the CF community, and advancing
high-quality, specialized care. We are the global leader in the
search for a cure for cystic fibrosis and nearly every CF drug and
therapy available today was made possible because of CF Foundation
support. We did this not only for the close to 40,000 people living
in the U.S. with CF - and the estimated 105,000 people worldwide -
but for the people with CF and families who have worked tirelessly
to support the mission. These achievements have required dedication
and unwavering commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation
employees. We promote an environment that attracts -- and retains
-- a diverse group of talented people who are passionate about
eradicating this disease . Join us and you will join an amazing
team, devoted to our community, and our mission. Position
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its
employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core
values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will
continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another.We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that
has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic
fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this
disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible
because of Foundation support.POSITION SUMMARY:The Cystic Fibrosis
Foundation seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to support the
President and CEO and the Chief of Staff at its national
headquarters located in Bethesda, Maryland. This role will
coordinate and execute critical administrative duties on behalf of
the CEO and the Chief of Staff, and coordinate the daily operations
of the CEO's office.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Provide a
full range of exceptional, executive-level administrative support
for the CEO and the Chief of Staff including, but not limited to:
- Serving as a proactive thought-partner who is highly responsive
to a full range of internal and external requests on behalf of the
CEO and the Chief of Staff.
- Gathering and reviewing all materials to ensure the preparation
of the CEO for major meetings and events in coordination with
leadership and the Chief of Staff.
- Owning and driving the complex, ever-changing calendars of the
CEO and the Chief of Staff; prioritizing appropriately and
- Acting as strategic manager of and gatekeeper for CEO's
- Representing the CEO in all interactions and ensuring high
level of responsiveness, support, and sensitivity to all requests
of importance, especially those from people with CF and their
families and the CFF leadership team.
- Building effective relationships with internal and external
stakeholders, especially with department leaders and community
- Supporting the drafting, editing, proofing, and preparation of
materials, including emails, letters, presentation decks, meeting
agendas, etc. on behalf of the CEO and in close coordination with
the Chief of Staff and other departments, as needed.
- Supporting all levels of preparation for CEO-driven meetings in
close coordination with the Chief of Staff, including agenda and
materials development, correspondence, and meeting planning and
- Managing general correspondence for the CEO and the Chief of
Staff (including managing team files; receiving, screening,
prioritizing, and drafting responses to incoming mail; phone calls;
- Coordinating end-to-end travel needs for the CEO and the Chief
of Staff, including car, flight, hotel, etc. and anticipating key
details for trips such as commuting times and directions.
- Managing and maintaining the master calendar for the
organization, which includes key internal and external meetings
across all departments.
- Processing timesheets and expenses for CEO, Chief of Staff, and
direct reports in a timely way; Accurately maintaining records of
expense receipts for reimbursement.
- Performing general office duties/assistance, as needed.
- Managing all matters with a high level of confidentiality and
discretion.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 6 plus years of C-Suite level, administrative experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgement, professionalism and the discretion to handle
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to
- Flexibility to adapt to quickly shifting and/or competing
- Ability to effectively prioritize all tasks and successfully
complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with
internal and external stakeholders.
- Maturity and integrity that fosters respect and trust from
- Demonstrates diplomacy and calmness under pressure.
- Highly collaborative with the flexibility to work as part of a
team and individually to meet goals and deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of all MS Office software.
- Occasional scheduled travel, as needed.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as
necessary.The above is intended to describe the general content of
and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions,
responsibilities or requirements.Total Rewards: The CF Foundation
is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and
incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities
that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate
a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive
benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage;
generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being
program; health savings and flexible spending accounts;
employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings
benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees
and their family members.The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity
employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just
a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We
strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed,
ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status,
genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled
veteran or any characteristic protected by law.Reasonable
Accommodations: The CF Foundation is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a
disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , Executive Assistant to the President & CEO and the Chief of Staff, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!