SR Project Manager/Scrum Master - Information Security
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Delivers Global Information Security projects on time, within
budget, while meeting stakeholder expectations. Plans, directs and
coordinates activities pertaining to the Global Information
Security organization so that information security objectives are
accomplished within prescribed timeframe and funding parameters.
Shares responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating
activities pertaining to projects for the Global Information
Security organization, monitors and verifies project goals are
accomplished and in line with business objectives. Also, partners
with leadership to ensure consistency of new project onboarding and
engages with the appropriate leads to follow the project intake
procedures. PROJECT LEADERSHIP
- Drive multiple simultaneous information security projects from
start to finish and deliver value
- Direct the work of the project team, including other project
managers, on a project-by-project basis.
- Identify and deploy resources required for projects.
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing
needs, granular requirements, dates and escalations for assigned
- Function as escalation to project teams to resolve issues.
- Partner with GIS PMO Portfolio Mgmt for new project onboarding
and governance processes. MANAGING PROJECTS AND POLICIES
- Perform Information Security project planning, including
identifying and developing project goals, strategy, staffing,
scheduling, identifications or risks, contingency plans, allocation
of available resources, and deliverables to meet the needs of the
Global Information Security organization.
- Serve as a liaison with Global Information Security, and other
departments as IT, Digital, Legal and Privacy, Various business
- Identify and schedules project deliverables, milestones and
- Develop high-level project requirements including cost
estimates for a project.
- Direct, coordinate and report on activities of project
personnel to monitor projects so that they progress on schedule and
- Create detailed work plans that identifies and sequences the
activities needed to successfully complete assigned
- Review the project schedule with stakeholders who will be
affected by project activities, revising the schedule as
- Prepare and review status reports based on input from project
personnel and modify schedules and project plans as required.
- Develop a risk management strategy, ensuring identification of
project risks and creation of risk register for the project with
Project Team, manage the register on an on-going basis.
- Develop and deliver all required project management
deliverables including, progress reports, change requests, meeting
notes and presentations, as required.
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a
timely and clear fashion.
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks,
issues, and changes associated with assigned projects. Informs the
appropriate team members of project status and related issues.
- Manage scope throughout project duration, maintaining accurate
program estimates, timelines, project plans, and status
- Provide data for regular program/portfolio reviews, ensure
relevant and timely communication around projects to relevant
stakeholders and ascertain that project planning information is
accurate and up to date in corporate systems used to manage and
report progress. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE Required:
- 7+ years project management experience with demonstrated
involvement in information technology projects
- 5+ years of project management experience leading large, matrix
teams in a very dynamic environment
- Undergraduate degree, equivalent experience, or
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent
- Experience managing tasks within Jira
- Excellent communication skills Preferred:
- Demonstrated proficiency in serving as an RTE (Release Train
- Graduate degree
- Project Management Certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management methodology and
- Demonstrated ability to provide and clearly communicate status,
actions, risks and put forth solutions.
- Demonstrated record of managing internal and external projects
from inception to successful implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably in a fast paced, often
ambiguous and event driven environment.
- Solid understanding of current technologies with the ability to
develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies.
- Cybersecurity project management experience
- Ability to align change management strategies with
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting
them, and presenting/selling them to senior management.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely high level of analytical ability to resolve complex
and difficult issues.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively
with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team
Keywords: Tential, Bethesda , SR Project Manager/Scrum Master - Information Security, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!