Director of Process Improvement
Posted on: September 18, 2023
ASHP is an award-winning Association with a great mission. -
ASHP is the collective voice of pharmacists, representing more than
60,000 members. - ASHP has recently won awards for being a Top
Workplace for our work culture which fosters learning,
collaboration, and for being inclusive. -The Director, Process
Improvement is responsible for driving operational excellence in
designing, implementing, and analyzing operations and processes to
meet the professional development needs of ASHP's constituency,
advance the objectives of ASHP's professional development and
publishing programs for current and expanded audiences, and
increase margin to support member services. Responsibilities
include leading ASHP process analysis, planning, implementation,
and monitoring for the the ASHP Professional Development and
Publishing Office. -This position will be based onsite in our
Bethesda, MD office, and the employee in this role will be working
in a hybrid environment, consistent with Association-wide ASHP
policies applicable to HQ-based employees. -The base salary for
this position is $125,000-$140,000. - ASHP offers a comprehensive
benefits plan. - You may view more details regarding our benefits
on our careers pageWhat You'll Be Doing at ASHP:
- Collaborates with division directors and other key staff to
develop, administers, modify and monitor operating policies,
procedures, and processes for the ASHP Professional Development and
Publishing Office to ensure consistency and streamlined approaches
across all divisions.
- Collaborates with colleagues to optimize processes, systems,
and technology for the ASHP Professional Development and Publishing
- Collaborates with the Professional Development and Publishing
division directors and other key colleagues to establish
performance indicators for the ASHP Professional Development and
- Continuously analyzes processes, technology, and performance
indicator data for the ASHP Professional Development and Publishing
Office to guide data-driven operational and technology planning and
modifications to policies, procedures, and processes.
- Project manages technology implementations for the ASHP
Professional Development and Publishing Office in collaboration
with the ASHP Information Technology Office. -
- Executes business goals, objectives, and tactics.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual operating budgets
for the ASHP Professional Development and Publishing Office.
- Participates in monitoring actual performance against the
annual budget for the ASHP Professional Development and Publishing
- Champions and monitors the annual goals for the ASHP
Professional Development and Publishing Office. - What You Bring To
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's in Business Administration or other related -master's
- Business process improvement (e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN) training
and certification desired.
- Minimum ten years of prior work experience required, including
extensive process improvement, operations, and technology
- Extensive program experience in a professional
- Ability to successfully implement, measure and maintain process
improvements for the ASHP Professional Development and Publishing
office to meet member service and revenue generation goals.
- Command of professional society-based professional development
and publishing operations.
- Command of technology applications in professional
society-based professional development and publishing
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships with staff and
- Ability to work well in an environment of changing priorities
and needs as well as to work well independently and as part of a
- Strong self-motivation skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding change leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge -of association/professional society-based
professional development and publishing operations.
- Demonstrated change management capabilities.
- Demonstrated process improvement/optimization-related
knowledge, skills and experiences
- Demonstrated project management capabilitiesPandoLogic.
Keywords: Director of Continuous Improvement, Location: Bethesda,
MD - 20814
Keywords: ASHP, Bethesda , Director of Process Improvement, Executive , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!