Registered Nurse Operating Room (RN #)
Company: Maxim Healthcare
Posted on: October 13, 2020
Operating Room/Ambulatory Care/MedSurg opening in Bethesda,
Maryland. Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a
Registered Nurse to provide services in the Operating Room at the
National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD.
- Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal
- Rewarding experience in public service for your country
- Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active,
unrestricted state license
The Registered Nurse is employed by Maxim Staffing Solutions
performs scrubbing and/or circulating duties for operative
procedures; department admissions to the operative suite. He/She is
responsible to the Nurse Manager and is directly supervised by the
RN in the operating rooms to which he/she is assigned.
- Demonstrates and practices aseptic techniques.
- Adheres to standards and appropriate aseptic techniques,
- preoperative hand scrub
- gowning and gloving
- instrumentation and supply set up
- Sets up room for surgical procedures and identifies
instrumentation and supplies
- Sets up room quickly and correctly, with minimal
- Pulls correct instruments and supplies
- When scrubbed, sets up back table and Mayo stand according to
- Demonstrates ability to concentrate and quickly respond
appropriately to directions given by circulating RN or
- A circulating nurse, assists the scrubbed team with additional
staff, supplies, procedures, and other services.
- Participates in all instrument, sponge counts, and other counts
as designated by the facility's policiesand procedures; to maintain
a safe patient care environment.
- Maintains and updates surgeon's procedure preference cards as
- Maintains supplies in assigned operating room.
- Fosters a cooperative effort in meeting the goals of nursing
and sharing the workload.
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward the area,
peers, staff, patients, and other contacts; demonstrates
flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of client
facilities, patients, and staff.
- Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
- Identifies own limitations and seeks guidance as required.
- Recognizes and utilizes appropriate lines of
- Accurately communicates needs to co-workers and
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients, and hospital-related
- Maintains clinical skills and expands knowledge base through
participation in continuous education programs.
- Assumes responsibility for self-development.
- Seeks to obtain a level 3 proficiency in his/her area(s) of
- Keeps informed of changes in practice through organizational
participation and/or reading current literature.
- Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with:
- standards of patient care
- The Joint Commission, State, and local laws
- Patient's Bill of Rights
- Maxim's nursing and client facility policies and
- professional standards
- Documents activities according to facility policies and
- Represents the Surgical Services as a responsible
paraprofessional in appearance and demeanor.
- After accepting a Maxim Healthcare facility assignment, arrives
at the facility before the schedules shift starts to sign in at the
nursing office and report to the unit on time for orientation
- Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift,
unless overtime is approved by the Area or Facility Supervisor
- Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean and professional.
Wears and uses designated surgical attire appropriately.
- Serves as a role model through the support of other facility
and Maxim co-workers, adheres to specific facility/unit standards.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which
- Documentation and confirmation of one year of operating room
clinical experience in an acute care hospital within the last three
- Current BLS card.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and
- Physical dexterity and perceptive acuity (e.g., visual,
hearing) to satisfactorily perform all required duties
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Successful completion of the Maxim Staffing Solutions testing
- Successful completion of background screening and hiring
process Additional Info:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm
- Requires 2-3 years of OR experience, circulates and scrubs to
all surgical areas
- MUST be able to circulate AND scrub
- On Call and Call Back Required
- Patient Ratio: 1:1
- Assist surgeon in the OR with surgery - "Assist surgeon in the
OR with surgery"
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please
contact a Recruiter at [Click Here to Apply] or email your resume
[Click Here to Apply]
Keywords: Maxim Healthcare, Bethesda , Registered Nurse Operating Room (RN #), Healthcare , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!