Registered Nurse RN - Oncology (RN #)
Company: Maxim Healthcare
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Registered
Nurse t o provide Oncology services on the adult inpatient unit at
the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. This is an
exciting opportunity to work with the largest research hospital in
the country, and travel packages are available!
--- Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment ---
Rewarding experience in public service for your country --- Easy
travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active,
unrestricted state license
The Oncology nurse is responsible for evaluating, planning,
implementing and documenting nursing care for oncology patient
- Provides specialized oncology nursing care to patients in a
hospital or clinic setting.
- Performs nursing procedures and prescribed medical
- Observes and assesses chemotherapy patients' conditions.
- Assures patient safety and stability; reports significant
changes to supervisor or physician; records nursing notes on
- Interviews and observes patients to ascertain medical history
and current condition; reviews patients' records; takes vital
signs, assesses current condition and pain level.
- Administers chemotherapy, blood products, IV fluids and
- Validates chemotherapy doses for accuracy.
- Reviews and carries out physician's orders.
- Reports progress and unusual occurrences.
- Identifies patient needs and healthcare problems; develops
goals, service delivery protocols, and nursing plan of care;
evaluates patient progress and modifies care plans as needed.
- Records and reports all information within scope of
- Performs assessment of patients; evaluates symptoms, and
determines essential care required.
- Prepares patients for physician's examination, and assists in
examination and treatment of patient.
- Educates patients and families about cancer diagnosis,
prognosis and treatment options.
- Instructs individual patients and family on follow-up care,
toxicity and side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- Assists in assessment of pain management.
- Other duties as assigned Requirements:
- Active, unrestricted RN license in any state
- 2-3 yrs of recent strong Oncology or Med Surg experience in an
acute care setting
- ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification preferred
- Current BLS card Hours Full time Straight Night Shift - 8 and
12 hr shifts with weekends and holidays as needed . For further
information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact
Chelsea Hagerty at [Click Here to Apply] or email your resume to
[Click Here to Apply] Keyphrases: oncology jobs, oncologist jobs,
gynecology oncologist jobs, pediatric oncology jobs, radiation
oncologist jobs, pediatric oncologist jobs, radiation oncology
jobs, hematology oncology jobs, gynecological oncology jobs,
oncology nurse jobs, oncology hematology jobs, clinical oncology
jobs, clinical oncologist jobs
Keywords: Maxim Healthcare, Bethesda , Registered Nurse RN - Oncology (RN #), Healthcare , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!