RN - Procedure, Vascular Access and Conscious Sedation - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Company: Maxim Healthcare
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Cardiac Care opening in Bethesda, Maryland. This and other rn
jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare Services
is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to provide services in the
Procedure, Vascular Access and Conscious Sedation Unit at the
National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD.
- · Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal
- · Rewarding experience in public service for your country
- · Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any
active, unrestricted state license The Registered Nurse is employed
by Maxim Staffing Solutions performs scrubbing and/or circulating
duties for operative procedures; department admissions to the
operative suite. He/She is responsible to the Nurse Manager and is
directly supervised by the RN in the operating rooms to which
he/she is assigned. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and practices aseptic techniques.
- Adheres to standards and appropriate aseptic techniques,
- preoperative hand scrub
- gowning and gloving
- instrumentation and supply set up
- Sets up room for surgical procedures and identifies
instrumentation and supplies
- Sets up room quickly and correctly, with minimal
- Pulls correct instruments and supplies
- When scrubbed, sets up back table and Mayo stand according to
- Demonstrates ability to concentrate and quickly respond
appropriately to directions given by circulating RN or
- A circulating nurse, assists the scrubbed team with additional
staff, supplies, procedures, and other services.
- Participates in all instrument, sponge counts, and other counts
as designated by the facility's policiesand procedures; to maintain
a safe patient care environment.
- Maintains and updates surgeon's procedure preference cards as
- Maintains supplies in assigned operating room.
- Fosters a cooperative effort in meeting the goals of nursing
and sharing the workload.
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward the area,
peers, staff, patients, and other contacts; demonstrates
flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of client
facilities, patients, and staff.
- Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
- Identifies own limitations and seeks guidance as required.
- Recognizes and utilizes appropriate lines of
- Accurately communicates needs to co-workers and
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients, and hospital-related
- Maintains clinical skills and expands knowledge base through
participation in continuous education programs.
- Assumes responsibility for self-development.
- Seeks to obtain a level 3 proficiency in his/her area(s) of
- Keeps informed of changes in practice through organizational
participation and/or reading current literature.
- Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with:
- standards of patient care
- The Joint Commission, State, and local laws
- Patient's Bill of Rights
- Maxim's nursing and client facility policies and
- professional standards
- Documents activities according to facility policies and
- Represents the Surgical Services as a responsible
paraprofessional in appearance and demeanor.
- After accepting a Maxim Healthcare facility assignment, arrives
at the facility before the schedules shift starts to sign in at the
nursing office and report to the unit on time for orientation
- Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift,
unless overtime is approved by the Area or Facility Supervisor
- Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean and professional.
Wears and uses designated surgical attire appropriately.
- Serves as a role model through the support of other facility
and Maxim co-workers, adheres to specific facility/unit
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in any state
- Requires 2-3 years of recent Experience with conscious sedation
procedures, Cardiac Monitor competency and IV Placements
- experience in Pre and Post Recovery for Endoscopy
- Documentation and confirmation of one year of operating room
clinical experience in an acute care hospital within the last three
- Current BLS cardHours:---Monday-Friday either 8 or 10 hr
dayshifts (40 hrs per week) to meet unit needsFor further
information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact
Jacob Underwood at or email your resume Keyphrases: radiology
technician jobs, cardiac rehabilitation jobs, cardiac care unit
jobs, cardiac care nursing jobs, cardiac rehab jobs, cardiac jobs,
cardiac cath lab tech jobs, radiology technologist jobs, vascular
jobs, echo tech jobs, emergency cardiac care jobs, pediatric
cardiac care jobs, intensive cardiac care jobs, nurse cardiac care
jobs, cardiac care associate jobs, heart surgeon jobs, cardiac cath
lab nursing jobs, heart cath lab jobs, cardiac critical care jobs,
cardiac critical care medicine jobs
Keywords: Maxim Healthcare, Bethesda , RN - Procedure, Vascular Access and Conscious Sedation - NIH - Bethesda, MD, Healthcare , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!