Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Core Lab
Company: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company
Posted on: November 25, 2022
We are currently searching for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist,
Core Lab to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This
opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in
Bethesda, MD. Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and
- Perform both routine and specialized laboratory procedures of
moderate to high complexity on blood and body fluids in the
Chemistry Service; including, but not limited to, specimen
handling, specimen acceptability and processing, automated and
manual chemistry assays, urinalysis, and blood gases.
- Record patient test results through a variety of data entry
modes and retrieve information when necessary.
- Interpret results and relate them to the clinical history of
the patient. Interact directly with patient care physicians in
discussing the interpretation of test results and suggest follow up
procedures, which may help answer clinical questions.
- Play a critical role in performing and adhering to Quality
Control, Quality Assurance, and Quality Improvement (QC/QA/QI)
policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Federal laws, regulations and
guidelines, as well as State and agency requirements.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and initiate or take corrective action to
maintain instrument function and quality, including detection of
reagent problems and equipment malfunction. Calibrate, standardize,
adjust, and maintain instruments. Identify the cause of common
problems and mistakes and make simple repairs.
- Perform proficiency testing in the same manner as patient
- Adhere to safety procedures to minimize potential of hazardous
spills or unnecessary contamination of the lab environment.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results; correct problem or notify senior staff;
document all corrective actions taken.
- Organize daily work based on priorities and needs of the
laboratory and patients.
- Assist in performing inventory, rotating stock, and maintaining
the necessary logs.
- Collaborate with staff to evaluate and/or develop new
techniques; perform comparative studies with older technology;
perform evaluations to determine new guidelines.
- Comply with accrediting and inspection agency requirements;
participating in activities associated with the laboratory
- Comply with all hospital and laboratory mandatory trainings and
competency assessments. Requirements
- Bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree from a regionally
accredited college/university including courses in biological
science, chemistry and mathematics, AND successful completion of a
Medical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist program
accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical
Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or an accrediting body recognized by
the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was
- Minimum of two (2) years full-time experience working in a
clinical chemistry laboratory, or four (4) years of experience if
working as a generalist with clinical chemistry duties
- Prior experience in mass spectrometry, HPLC, or protein
electrophoresis preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift 10 - 30 pounds.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management
- Work will be performed up to 40 hours per week in 8-12 hour
shifts per day. Work will be performed on a varied schedule per
week and may include weekends, holidays, and/or shift work. Night
shift tour: Sunday - Thursday (after training is completed).
Company Description Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies
(Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired
in October 2021. Guidehouse is a leading global provider of
consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets,
with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk
consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise,
we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate
significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational
change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation.
Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital
services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our
clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and
success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50
locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio
company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse
expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and
agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. Guidehouse will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco. If you have visited our website for
information about employment opportunities or to apply for a
position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse
Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will
be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required
to provide needed reasonable accommodation. Guidehouse does not
accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing
agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property
of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a
Keywords: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, Bethesda , Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Core Lab, Healthcare , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!