Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery L&D RN (Nights) Walter Reed
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Labor & Delivery -Registered Nurse for Walter Reed National
Military Medical CenterBethesda, MarylandFull-Time, Employed
Civilian PositionInpatient Labor and Delivery unit, NIGHT SHIFTS
ONLY (3 shifts per week)Compensation & Benefits:
- 2K SIGN ON BONUS
- $59/hr + $6/hr night differential + $4.23/hr benefits pay =
- 10 days PTO, 7 paid sick days, 11 paid holidays
- benefits pay covers the cost of health ins
- Dental, Vision, 401KExperience:
- Experience as a Registered Nurse for 3 years with at least two
years as an RN in a high-risk Obstetrical Unit.
- Experience in the full spectrum of care to include L&D,
antepartum, triage, circulating during C-sections.
- Possess knowledge of normal and abnormal newborn physical and
neurological development and application of same in delivery of
nursing care to infants from birth until seven days of age.
- Possess knowledge of normal and abnormal female anatomy and
physiology, common gynecological surgery and application of same in
delivery of nursing care to obstetrical patients.
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with intrathecal,
epidural, and general anesthesiaQualifications:
- Degree/Education: A graduate of an Associate or -Bachelor -of
Registered Nursing from a National League of Nursing (NLN) approved
- BLS, ACLS, NRP
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring or higher (Advanced Fetal
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Certification
- Valid, unrestricted, RN license in at least 1 state, territory
or commonwealth of the US.
- US CitizenDuties:
- Provide care to normal and high risk antenatal, intrapartum and
postpartum patients (the MTF has approximately 80% high risk
population, e.g. PIH, diabetes, pre-term labor, multiple
gestations). Recognize changes in maternal, fetal or newborn infant
condition that would constitute an emergency situation and responds
- Assist in both vaginal and scheduled or emergent Cesarean
Section deliveries, and other operative procedures permitted by MTF
policy. Perform scrub and circulating duties in the Mother & Infant
- Recover both stable and unstable infants and patient of
childbearing ages from general and regional anesthesia.
- Identify potential post-anesthetic patient problems;
specifically, airway management, hemodynamic instability and pain
control, and intervene appropriately.Procedures/Skills:
- Use and interpret information from fetal monitoring equipment
to include doptone, fetoscope, internal and external uterine and
fetal monitoring. Initiate appropriate response to fetal monitoring
information and document action in a timely fashion in accordance
with the Association of Women's Health, Obstetrics and Neonatal
Nursing (AWHONN) standards.
- Operate and monitor the performance of essential equipment used
in the care of stable newborns, e.g. radiant warmer, blood glucose
monitor, pulse oximeter, medications via syringe pumps, etc.
Interpret and respond to data generated by such equipment.
- Safely administer prescribed medications including IV push
drugs and IV drips specific to pregnancy, labor and delivery,
postpartum and neonatal care as described. Monitor and document
- Administer oxygen therapy, monitor oxygen equipment, and
interpret and respond to data. Monitor patients and interpret and
respond to data.
- Assist in the performance and interpretation of the Non-Stress
Test and Contraction Stress Test. Administer and monitor Pitocin
infusions to induce or augment labor. Care for patients undergoing
- Operate cardiac monitors, interpret cardiac rhythms, determine
implications, and make indicated interventions.
- Monitor and transition mothers/newborns during the immediate
post-delivery MDPerm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MDPerm does
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other
basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the
basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Powered by
Keywords: MDPerm, Bethesda , Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery L&D RN (Nights) Walter Reed, Healthcare , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...