Restaurant Shift Leader
Company: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Earn up to $20.75 including tips!
Potbelly Sandwich Shops, where Good Vibes and Great Careers are a
way of life! Come Build the Potbelly Nation with us.
Potbelly got its start in 1977 as a small antique store that turned
into a lines-out-the-door neighborhood sandwich shop. Before you
knew it, we were serving up delicious food in a fun environment at
more than 400 shops across the United States.
We continue to wake up every day with one goal: Make people happy
through good vibes and delicious craveable food. Put those awesome
ingredients together, and there's no telling what we'll cook up
Job Title: Shift Leader
Location: Field, in Shop
Report to: General Manager/Assistant Manager
Travel Requirements: Rarely
Leads and behaves according to Potbelly Values. Leads a shift by
managing and developing associates to execute outstanding product
quality and customer service, build sales and control costs for
each shift. Follow standard Potbelly operating policies and
procedures with essential areas of focus including but not limited
* Lead Associates on shifts, including assigning tasks (cleaning,
line duties, opening/closing duties), providing feedback and
* Know and support appropriate personnel policies, labor laws and
* Ensure all security procedures are executed (safe procedures,
open/close procedures etc.)
* Transitions into opening/closing duties.
* Make customers really happy.
* Resolve customer complaints/issues.
* Empowers Associates to make sure all customers leave happy.
* Execute and support all food safety requirements and
* Lead Associates to open, transition, and close shifts without
* Manage and organize the line and delegate duties to
* Know and uphold standards for product quality.
* Work the line as needed.
* Ensure back-of-the-house procedural standards are met.
* Promote sales on the shift through executing the marketing plan
within the four walls.
* Control food costs, labor, waste, and cash on the shift.
* Count drawers and follow proper daily cash handling
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
* Must have the ability/stamina to work a minimum of 40 hours a
* Ability to stand/walk for 8-9 hours per day and sit for 1-2 hours
* Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for
periods of up to five hours.
* Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50
* Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely
manipulate and key in data.
* Must be able to work in both warm and cool environments, indoors
(95%) and outdoors (5%).
* Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music,
customer and employee traffic.
* Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products,
egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
* Ability to oversee a fast-paced, high-volume, customer-focused
restaurant through coordination of schedules, problem-solving,
maintaining cleanliness, training employees and providing great
EXPERIENE, EDUCATION AND BEHAVIORS
* Must represent Potbelly Advantage and Our Values.
* Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in a restaurant or
* Minimum educational requirement: High School degree.
* Must be able to work a minimum of 2 opens and/or closes per
* As a requirement of the position, all Shift Leaders and Managers
must be trained and pass a Food Safety Certification course. In
Illinois certification is required through the Illinois Department
of Public Health, while in all other states certification is
required through the National Restaurant Association (ServSafe),
National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or the National
Environmental Health Association (Prometric). Should the Shift
Leader or Manager fail to pass the certification requirements after
two attempts, he or she will be not be qualified to continue to
perform in a Shift Leader or Management capacity.
* Ability to comprehend and communicate in English via verbal and
written communication, such that employee can perform his or her
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to train and coach others.
* Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills at all
* Must be a strong team-player.
* Ability to manage a fast-paced, high-volume shifts while
providing excellent customer service.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Potbelly Sandwich Shop, Bethesda , Restaurant Shift Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!