Company: J&J Worldwide Services
Posted on: January 18, 2023
DescriptionGeneral SummaryPosition coordinates the work of
employees engaged in cleaning and maintaining the medical center to
ensure the facility is clean and sanitized. Directly supervises
non-exempt staff.Essential Duties
- Assigns tasks to housekeeping employees and monitors
- Spot checks employees work to ensure compliance with
housekeeping standards; performs daily performance inspections of
- Identifies new supplies and materials required for housekeeping
duties and coordinates the requisitions with the Director of
- Resolves issues or complaints among or in regards to
housekeeping staff members.
- Monitors employee workloads and notifies management of
anticipated increase in workloads.
- Provides training for housekeeping employees.
- Issues supplies and equipment.
- Ensures staff members utilize personal protective equipment
(PPE) as appropriate and perform in compliance with established
safety procedures.Other Responsibilities
- Ensures staff members are attired in appropriate uniform and
badge in compliance with Company policies.
- May also perform some maintenance at facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Experience and
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in all phases of
housekeeping and floor care
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to understand contract terms
- Knowledge of hospital aseptic cleaning and requirements
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- May require some experience in basic maintenanceWork
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing,
walking, bending and lifting. stooping, kneeling, climbing,
pushing, pulling, reaching, and other use of hands; occasional
lifting up to 50 lbs. and moving of furniture required.
- Operation of motorized equipment, such as floor stripping,
buffing and deep cleaning machines.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals such as cleaning solutions;
minimal exposure to blood and other bodily fluids.This job
description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of
the employer and requirements of the job change.We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: J&J Worldwide Services, Bethesda , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!