Company: J&J Worldwide Services
Posted on: January 21, 2023
DescriptionThis is an on-call/part-time position.General
SummaryPosition performs special cleaning projects as well as daily
cleaning duties in accordance with standard procedures of the
housekeeping department and with hospital objectives. Assigned
areas may include patient rooms, nursing units, surgical areas,
administrative offices, laboratory areas, waiting areas and public
- Cleans and disinfects patient rooms, beds, gurneys, examination
tables, restrooms, offices, and other common areas within the
hospital environment to established standards.
- Performs terminal cleaning of patient rooms and special
procedure rooms in accordance with standard procedures.
- Collects and disposes regular trash, RMW (Regulated Medical
Waste), and recycle materials.
- Collect and removes soiled linen into appropriate bin.
- Replenishes, hand soap, hand sanitizer, other supplies as
- Dust mops floors with microfiber using standard operating
- Wet mops floors with disinfectant using microfiber material
following standard operating procedure.
- Dusts all horizontal and vertical surfaces, furniture, wash
walls, clean and polish fixtures, air vents, handrails, blinds,
windows and sills and other items as required.
- Handles various types of cleaning chemicals in compliance with
established guidelines and utilizing appropriate personal
protective equipment (PPE).
- May be trained and asked to perform floor care work to include
buffing, stripping and re-finishing, and scrubbing baseboards.
- May be trained to deliver linen in accordance with medical
facilities par level policies. Stamp and document new linen.
Document salvaged linen.
- Reports any conditions requiring maintenance attention or
repair to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Experience and
- Previous custodial experience in the healthcare or hospitality
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed instructions in
- Physical demands include continuous movement, including
frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing,
pulling, reaching, and other use of hands.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds
- Operation of motorized equipment, for generalized floor
- Frequent exposure to chemicals such as cleaning solutions;
potential exposure to blood and other bodily fluids.
- Varying work shiftsThis job description is subject to change by
the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the
job change.We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: J&J Worldwide Services, Bethesda , Housekeeper (On-Call/Part-Time), Hospitality & Tourism , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!