Staffing Specialist, Sr
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Founded in 2001, YRCI is a leading professional services firm
providing Human Capital, Acquisition Support and Financial
Management Services to Government and Commercial customers
nationwide. At YRCI, collaborative people and innovative thinking
are the driving force behind our growing success. We provide our
employees a professional environment in which to find challenging,
rewarding work and learning opportunities to allow them to
Professionals Driven by Excellence - Career Growth & Development -
Collaboration & Innovation
These are the driving forces that make YRCI more than just your
next job. Let's build your career together.
Staffing Specialist, Sr
Bethesda, MD US (Primary)
As an employee of YRCI working full-time, you are eligible for an
attractive benefits package. YRCI's benefit package includes
medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability
insurance, and a number of supplemental plans. Eligibility begins
on YOUR VERY FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT. Our benefits also include a
company-sponsored 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts, to
allow you to pay for out of pocket health and dependent care, and
save for retirement with pre-tax income. YRCI also has a tuition
and professional development reimbursement program. All full-time
employees receive 10 paid holidays and a generous paid time off
package which begins accruing on your first day of work.
High School Diploma
YRCI does not enforce a vaccination requirement for our employees.
For client-site positions, Federal agencies may request information
regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the
purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as
protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel,
The Delegated Examining (DE) Human Resources (HR) Specialist serves
as the custodian for all recruitment cases assigned. Individual is
responsible for the maintenance and organization of their
recruitment case files. Case files may be stored in hard copy or in
an electronic format dependent upon the assigned area. The types of
announcements primarily include DE and Direct Hire but may also
include Merit Promotion (MP). The individual may be expected to
work recruitment cases from inception (pre-recruitment) to
close-out (certificate/case audit). The individual will spend most
of their worktime using the agency's talent acquisition system (USA
- Provides a full range of external and internal placement and
recruitment duties, for which innovative and assertive recruiting
strategies are needed. Positions include "hard-to-fill" and short
categories, senior level positions, jobs requiring unusual skill
combinations, establishment of search committees, or highly visible
or sensitive positions.
- Makes use of multiple recruiting strategies including special
appointment authorities, such as Schedule A, military spouses,
Peace Corps, etc.
- Serves as the custodian for all recruitment cases assigned.
Responsible for the maintenance and organization of their
recruitment case files and ensuring they are up-to-date and
- Ensures recruitment activities adhere to Merit Systems
Principles, laws, regulations, policies, and best
practices/guidance, and are free of any prohibited personnel
- Bases qualification determinations on applicable standards,
specialized experience requirements, announcement language,
position description, and other standards used in the DEU.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Office of Personnel Management
(OPM) General Schedule (GS) and Federal Wage System qualification
standards and policies, Veterans' Preference adjudication, all
pertinent OPM policies and guidance (DE Operations Handbook),
eligibility determinations (status or non-competitive eligibility),
and in in federal laws (5 USC) and regulations (5 CFR) relating to
recruitment and employment in the competitive service.
- Reviews applicants for basic eligibility and qualifications and
makes appropriate determinations.
- Rates applicants to determine appropriate quality rating
- Provides written rationale for rating/eligibility
determinations in system of record.
- Participates as an HR professional/Ex officio member on subject
matter expert review panels.
- Reviews applicants to ensure all notes are entered and are
accurate, all eligibilities and veteran preference are adjudicated
- Ensures all rating overrides are applied appropriately and
certificates are reviewed for accuracy to include issuing
supplemental certificates and making amendments when
- Explains rationale and reasoning behind applicant
qualifications and other adjudications to Branch HR
- Determines and refers best-qualified applicants to selecting
officials per agency policy and procedures.
- Conducts a second-level review of any selection made from a
certificate before an official job offer is made.
- Participates in requests for reconsiderations by providing
recommendations on an applicant's qualifications.
- Audits certificates and cases per OPM and agency policies and
- Ensures WiTS actions are completed in real-time or near
real-time and are accurate.
- Provides research and analysis to develop recommendations on
Veterans' Preference and qualifications determinations, selective
factors appropriateness, and other DE policy related decisions for
Branch Chief and/or leadership consideration.
- Keeps DEU Chief and Team Lead abreast of new high profile or
sensitive issues that may rise to higher levels in the organization
or could have a negative impact on morale or team dynamics.
- Identifies outdated and incorrect information in policies,
procedures, and guidance and offers recommendations for
- Provides managers, employees, and job applicants with
information and interpretations of the agency's recruitment and
placement procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Provides superior customer service by being responsive to
questions and requests for information and meeting all established
service level agreements.
- Provide consultations and technical guidance to internal HR
- Participates or leads formal or informal training sessions to
share knowledge with internal HR customers.
- Creates, edits, and maintains standardized recruitment
documents for use across agency (e.g., HR CARDS).
- Other related duties as assigned typical of a GS-0201-12 HR
Specialist involved in recruitment and staffing work to meet
- Four (4) years of Federal HR experience, at least three (3) of
which must be specialized experience in Federal Staffing.
- A college degree may substitute for one (1) year of
- DEU Certified or Current Training Certification is highly
- As a condition of employment, you must be able to obtain an
active DEU certification.
- Proficient in OPM GS and Federal Wage System qualification
standards and policies.
- Proficient in Veterans' Preference adjudication.
- Proficient in eligibility determinations (e.g., status or
- Proficient in federal laws (5 USC) and regulations (5 CFR)
relating to recruitment and employment in the competitive
- Knowledgeable of OPM GS and Federal Wage System classification
standards and policies.
- Knowledgeable in job analysis and assessment development.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to make timely, informed and objective decisions and
communicate their decisions in a professional business manner.
- Ability to independently use talent acquisition and workflow
tracking systems. Training on the use of internal systems will be
- Ability to perform commonly used functions and features in
Skype for Business, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Word, Excel,
We employ people who are driven by excellence, committed to
integrity, and inspired by opportunities to achieve positive
results.We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. YRCI is an E-Verify
employer. As a contractor and subcontractor, YRCI shall abide by
the requirements of 41 CFR - - 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals
on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require
affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors
to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities. No sponsorship is available for
Keywords: YRCI, Bethesda , Staffing Specialist, Sr, Human Resources , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!