Area Human Resources Manager
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.Hyatt Regency Bethesda
is an iconic hotel located in the heart of downtown Bethesda.
Nestled above the Bethesda Metro Red Line, the hotel offers easy
access to Washington DCs famous museums, monuments and zoo and is
only minutes from Bethesda Row, which offers unlimited shopping,
dining, and entertainment. The Hotel offers 390 modern guestrooms
with upscale amenities.Hyatt Regency BethesdaOne Bethesda Metro
CenterBethesda, MD 20814The Area Human Resources Manager is
responsible for assisting the Area Director of Human Resources in
being a strategic business partner with all the hotels in the DMV
Metro area. The successful candidate will help promote Highgate's
culture and values to our valued associates, and work toward
providing them the best possible work environment. They will assist
the Area Director of HR with a variety of Human Resources
functions, including recruitment, on-boarding, retention, associate
relations, training, file maintenance, leaves of absences, workers
compensation, and understanding and enforcement of company and
brand policies and employment laws.
- Assist the Area HR Director as well as property leaders in
driving Highgate and brand culture and executing the company's
mission, vision, and values.
- Assist the Area HR Director in planning and executing the
company's HR strategies and goals.
- Assist in all areas of recruiting, from posting jobs, reviewing
resumes, arranging interviews, conducting interviews, and utilizing
the company e-recruiting platform
- Assist in on-boarding and retention, including property brand
training as well as Highgate new hire orientation and culture
- Learn and understand all company policy and procedures as well
as federal, state and local employment laws; assist in
- Learn and understand all property brand and Highgate Quality
Assurance Audit requirements; assist in compliance
- Assist in associate relations and retention, including
recognition strategies, planning and executing a monthly calendar
of associate events, and soliciting and following-up on associate
- Help explain company benefits to our valued associates, assist
them with completion of enrollment forms, and answer questions
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment log
- Request IT access for new and current associates, request
disabling of access for terminated associates.
- Maintain new hire, current associate, termination, and transfer
data and files.
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Process Workmans Compensation claims, complete First Report of
Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury, maintain WC
- Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
- Assist with special projects
- At least 2 years of progressive Human Resources Management
experience in a hotel or a related industry
- Recruitment experience in the hospitality or related industry
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws
- Previous Hyatt and Marriott Brand experience helpful
- College course work in related field helpful
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work Exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.For California
Applicants Only Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the
best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform
competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate
Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race
(including traits historically or culturally associated with race,
such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion
(including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40
and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical),
medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin
(including language use restrictions and possession of a drivers
license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle
Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender
expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status,
parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status,
pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or
pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military
status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal,
state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to
all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies
with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state
and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for
qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements. Job ID: 2023-34561
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Bethesda , Area Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!