Linux System Administrator
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Description Job Description:Leidos is working closely with the
U.S. Navy at Naval Warfare Surface Center Carderock Division. The
goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training
systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare
operators train for and operate in complex environments against
quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.JOB DESCRIPTION:Leidos is
seeking senior Linux System Administrators to support a variety of
sophisticated, state-of-the-art naval training and simulation
systems.-- We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent,
self starter for a challenging position with Leidos.--Leidos is the
prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center,
Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used
throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships,
surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and
Control (C2) ASW systems.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:The Linux System
Administrator position is responsible for administering classified
and unclassified networks of computer systems running the Linux
Operating System. This includes maintaining, securing and patching
these systems. The position is responsible for the design,
installation, configuration, administration, support and
maintenance of Linux based development and operational systems, on
both the hardware and software sides of the systems.-- Duties
include updating to new systems, as well as support on current
systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and
implementing critical system patches. This position is part of the
Cyber Space Work Force, working directly with the customer to
identify new and evolving security issues, invent, design, and
implement solutions, and enhance the security posture of these
Linux systems.Travel may be required to trainer sites, including
Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT,
and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 5% of the job.BASIC
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant job experience and 8+
years related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security
- Must have or be able to obtain appropriate certifications to
meet DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2
- Expertise certification (such as CCNA, Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE,
MCITP-W7, MCITP-Server, MCITP-W10, etc.) is required
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating
system as almost all of our products run on CentOS or RHEL. --
- Fluent using the Linux CLI.
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures.
- Experience with automated configuration management and server
provisioning via tools such as Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk,
Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor.
- Experience with automated network and system monitoring via
tools such as Big Brother, Nagios, SolarWinds.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies.
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in Bash,
Ruby, Python, and/or Perl.
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file
systems, processes, etc.).
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP,
- Experience managing and maintaining Linux repositories.
- Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments.PREFERRED
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience working in a large, highly available Linux
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Git, Subversion, or other CM system.
- Experience with enterprise tiered storage architectures.
- Experience with Windows system administration.
- Basic understanding of cloud technology.
- Red Hat certifications are desired but not required. --External
Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level
Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly
Family:Systems AdministrationLeidos is a Fortune 500-- information
technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader
working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense,
intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The
company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government
and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos
reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the
fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit
.Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
.Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to .All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship,
religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
Keywords: Leidos, Bethesda , Linux System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!