Technical Director, Vascular Procedure Lab
Company: Dovel Technologies, LLC
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:We are searching for a Technical Director to manage the
Vascular Procedure Lab (VPL) at the NIH Clinical Center in
Bethesda, Maryland. We seek a Technical Director with
entrepreneurial vision to finalize the current build out and
development of the lab in collaboration with the Medical Director,
the Translational Vascular Medicine Branch of the NHLBI and the NIH
Clinical Center Radiology Department. The VPL is designated to
perform known and novel diagnostic examinations on patients
employing multiple vascular imaging modalities, including
Ultrasound, Exercise Ankle-Brachial testing, Near Infrared
Spectroscopy, Pulse Wave Velocity, Nailfold Capillaroscopy, Laser
Speckle Contrast Imaging, InfraRed Imaging, Cardio-Ankle Vascular
Index and Peripheral Arterial Tonometry. The VPL section
collaborates in clinical and research vascular disease imaging, and
in the development of novel vascular imaging technologies.Duties &
- Finalize the development, planning and implementation of the
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the 2 room VPL, in
coordination with and under the direction of the VPL Medical
- Hire, train, and supervise 1-2 vascular diagnostic imaging
- Prepare and submit credentialling applications according to
appropriate credentialling bodies' requirements.
- Design, plan, and perform routine, non-routine, complex,
exacting and specialized vascular imaging procedures using
techniques in accordance with established protocols and standards
in coordination with radiologists and physicians.
- Obtain analytical data and develop reports to medical
- Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain new or recently
- Conduct comprehensive systematic quality control (QC)
procedures on vascular instrumentation and maintain proper records
for QC reports and staff training.
- Review the work of non-senior staff, particularly non-routine
cases, prior to review by the medical staff.
- Resolve most discrepancies independently and/or refer questions
to radiologist(s) or attending physicians.
- Review patient medical records for pertinent clinical history,
diagnostic test results, and laboratory data applicable to the
vascular imaging examination and interpret this information to
perform the examination.
- Interpret and apply Departmental and Clinical Center rules and
regulations, including Departmental, Clinical Center (CC), NIH, and
the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Recommend and implement actions necessary for the improvement
of overall performance and quality of the VPL.
- Utilize ancillary devices such as: Mini PACS, PACS, RIS
(Radiology Information System), Scheduling systems and CRIS HIS
system (training provided).
- Obtain visual presentations on complex cases where no standards
exist and differentiate artifact from normal or pathological
processes using a continuous review of anatomy, pathology and
physiology, and knowledge of disease processes.
- Use a knowledge of medical terminology to review pathology,
surgical, and diagnostic reports to follow patients progress and
provide a means of reviewing the accuracy of the vascular imaging
- Provide a preliminary diagnostic evaluation and replicate and
demonstrate the test to the staff radiologist or requesting
- Participate in reading sessions with physicians and contribute
both a technical and professional knowledge to the final diagnostic
impression or report.
- Provide assistance to research scientists involved in
- Utilize vascular imaging equipment to acquire data and assist
research projects for large and small vessel vascular imaging,
including rare vascular diseases.
- Make recommendations and assist with planning and forecasting
the financial aspects of the section including resources,
preparation of a budget for the fiscal year, equipment, and
supplies (contracts) needed for the operation of the
- Bachelor's degree in scientific or health-related field.
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) Certification.
- Leadership and management experience in robust vascular
- Skill in oral communications to explain procedures to patients
and medical staff.
- Skill in training Section staff in new or changing
instrumentation and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget, finance, and contracts.
- Willingness to innovate, participate in new novel imaging
modalities and contribute research ideas to the Vascular Branch and
team for collaboration.
- Considerable knowledge and skill of a wide range of imaging
methods, principles, and practices; and skill in applying this
knowledge to such assignments as the design and planning of
difficult, but well-precedented cases.
- Considerable knowledge of vascular imaging instruments and
associated procedures to perform especially complicated
examinations or treatments for which there are no standard
instructions and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge and skill to change and adapt vascular
imaging instruments to meet especially difficult situations.
- Considerable knowledge and use of the PACS system, including
operating the SQL database, electronically storing images and
- Knowledge of pharmacology including the classification and
administration of drugs, patient responses, and common
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology including an in-depth
understanding of the functioning of the major systems and internal
organs to interpret requests and to recognize the need for
additional tests or a different positioning.
- Knowledge of a variety of related acute, chronic, genetic, and
congenital vascular disorders and diseases, their effects on the
organs, and methods of treatment.
- Considerable skill to prepare and analyze quality control of
- Ability to work as a member of a team when performing
procedures that require making rapid and accurate observations or
adjustments to established practices.
- Skill to prepare written summary of test results, workload
reports, and related documents to follow patient's progress and
provide a means of reviewing the accuracy of the ultrasonic
examinations.Company Description:We are a trusted government
partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced
technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that
improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we
combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an
outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT,
life sciences, public safety, and grants management.The Dovel
Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance
beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an
enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation,
customer success, and employee growth.What you'll get---
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal
characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Dovel Technologies, LLC, Bethesda , Technical Director, Vascular Procedure Lab, IT / Software / Systems , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!