JIRA System Administrator
Posted on: January 14, 2021
JIRA System Administrator Job in Bethesda,
Modis has an immediate opportunity for a JIRA specialist and Linux
applications systems administrator at the NIH campus in Bethesda,
MD. The successful candidate will operate, maintain, upgrade
and troubleshoot a large complex JIRA installation that support
software development and help desk environment that provides
medical and genomic information to cutting-edge researchers around
the world in a high-visibility and high-availability system.
There are other teams responsible for Storage, Security, Database,
Networking and Hardware Infrastructure, so this position does not
require primary responsibility in those areas, but knowledge and
experience in these areas are expected.
The JIRA System Administrator will have primary responsibilities to
administer and manage the Atlassian tools, such as Jira, Confluence
and Stash. This opportunity is a full-time, direct-hire position.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Jira System
- Support, Development and Administration for Atlassian
tools – in particular Jira
- General Linux administration duties for layered tools
(e.g. apache, nagios, etc.)
Requirements of the Jira System Administrator:
- Proficiency in developing small Java routines (e.g. JIRA
plugins) and knowledge of tomcat
- Proficiency in administering Linux servers, LAMP,
- Experience with automated configuration management
(Puppet, Chef, etc. Puppet is preferred)
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in
at least two of Bash, Ruby, Python, and Perl
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols
(HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc…)
- Demonstrated experience in Linux Systems
- General understanding of Linux internals
- Team player who is nevertheless able to work with minimum
Preferred Experience for Jira System
- Experience in a large, highly available Linux
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with Git
- Experience supporting large web applications environment
(we have 3.5 million users per day)
- Knowledge of cloud technology such as
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in System
- Experience with administrating the Atlassian product line
(Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and experience in
supporting technical and non-technical staff.
At Modis, we have the connections and expertise to help save you
time and start earning money in the right IT job for you. We use
our insight, knowledge and resources to match you with top
positions at leading companies. Many of our clients use our
services to help fill positions quickly so they can avoid the
time-consuming process of posting jobs and sifting through resumes.
We place over 13,000 consultants annually. Are you next?
Keywords: , Bethesda , JIRA System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!