Company: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company
Posted on: May 1, 2021
OverviewMedical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is
an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission
critical scientific and technical services to the Federal
Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the
National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies.
MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent
benefits and career growth opportunities.We attract the best people
in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes
medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer
contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible
Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition
reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing,
professional service and technology focused organization, please
apply today!Duties & ResponsibilitiesMSC is seeking a Software
Engineer to support enterprise IT systems at the National
Institutes of Health (NIH). Contingent on Award. Primary
Responsibilities:Work cooperatively as a member of a software
development team to:
- Build the core components of web application and back-end
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain Java web applications
- Implement resilient, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Write advanced, high-quality, production-grade, readable
- Maintain and enhance existing Java based applications with SQL
Server & PostgreSQL backends
- Correct production issues with software, databases, scripts
etc. and collaborate with infrastructure operations and support
- Integration of custom applications with COTS or GOTS
- Utilization of Test-Driven Development methods.
- Collaboratively work with team members on requirements'
analysis, design, programming, configuration management,
accessibility remediation and compliance, documentation, and
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software
Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math or related technical
- Diverse technical expertise and 5+ years of experience in
designing, development, testing and maintenance of software
- Experience within DevOps and DevSecOps practices.
- Design and programming experience with Java with Spring Boot,
OpenJDK, JUnit, and JSON
- Experience with Containerization and API security
- Web development, OOD/OOP, REST, OpenAPI
- SQL knowledge/experience (SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL)
- Must meet all requirements for obtaining and maintaining a
Public Trust ClearancePreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and microservices
- Experience with Jira and Bitbucket.
- Agile development experience.Medical Science & Computing (MSC),
a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.#LI-GH1Company
DescriptionWe are a trusted government partner that blends deep
domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers
solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a
rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit,
customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency
missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants
management.The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an
opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer
a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a
culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.What
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal
characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, Bethesda , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!