DevOps Adoption Technical Lead Developer
Company: Dovel Technologies
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Medical Science and Computing (MSC), a Dovel Company, is seeking
a dynamic DevOps Adoption Technical Lead to join our team
supporting our work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH),
NCBI.NCBI is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at--the
National Institutes of Health (NIH).----NCBI--is the world's
premier biomedical center hosting over six million daily users that
seek research, clinical, genetic, and other information that
directly impacts biomedical research and public health - at NCBI
you can literally help to accelerate cures for diseases!--NCBI's
wide range of applications, platforms (node, python, Django, C++,
you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine
learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other
US Government Agency according
to--https://analytics.usa.gov/.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend customer team meetings
- Participate in the Customer"s Agile process.
- Pay close attention to the needs of the Customer from DevOps,
communicate them to the DevOps team and try to accommodate them
quickly and pragmatically.
- Identify DevOps platform gaps as compared to Customer"s
- Introduce custom solutions with caution and pragmatism, after
discussions with the team.
- Depending on the circumstances, custom solutions may remain
custom or they may help evolve the DevOps platform.
- Optimize for speed of product delivery rather than perfection
of the solution.
As a member of the DevOps team:
- Stay on top of the DevOps platform development
- Stay in close touch with other embedded DevOps
engineers--(AKA--Embedded DevOps Peers)
- Collaborate with the DevOps Platform Engineers (AKADevOps
- Ensure DevOps Enterprise standards and principles in Customer"s
- Ensure DevOps is aware of any new use cases and patterns that
you see while working with the Customer.
- Share experience and your solutions with DevOps core
and--Embedded DevOps Peers.
- Participate in discussions on evolving the Enterprise Platform
to accommodate new use cases.
- Help evolve and test the DevOps platform by applying it in the
As a Team Lead:
- Lead a team of Adoption Engineers.
- Collaborate with DevOps Technical Program Manager and Product
Manager to clarify adoption strategy and priorities
- Play a role of Scrum Product Owner
- Define product scope with Stakeholders
- Prioritize deliverables
- Prioritize team"s work allocation
- Negotiate priorities with Stakeholders
- Plan product releases
- Plan Sprints
- Set expectations with the Customers and for the adoption
- Set business metrics for the adoption projects
- Strive for Customer Satisfaction, while growing DevOps
- Ensure DevOps platform standards are being met.
- Organize the adoption team as needed
- Ensure team members understand their duties and
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the team
- Mentor individual team members, so they can meet and exceed
- Select candidates and interview for staffing open
- Administrative supervisory duties: attendance, feedback for
- B.S. in a STEM field (Engineering, Computer Science,
- Alternatively, equivalent industry experience in Software
- Solid programming knowledge in Python, Java (Version 8 and
above) or C++
- Over 5 years of DevOps experience
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and experience with Git/Svn,
- Solid Linux skills
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Solid understanding of networking, proxies
- Solid understanding of web development
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and
- Management/Leadership skills
- Customer-focused, team-oriented disposition
- Excellent communication and soft skills to deal with customers,
peers and management
- Good judgement, sense of integrity and responsibility
- Experience in playing a Product Owner role for an Agile
- Presentation skills
- Coaching skills
- Monitoring products (TICK/TIGK stack (Telegaf, InfluxDB,
Grafana, Kapacitor), Prometheus, Stackdriver, etc.)
- Logging products (ELK, Splunk, etc.)
- Containers (Docker, rkt, etc.)
- Cluster schedulers and container orchestrators (Kubernetes,
Nomad or Apache Mesos)
- HashiCorp products (consul, Terraform, Vault, packer,
- Service Mesh (istio/envoy, linkerd, consul connect)
- Blue/Green and Canary Deployments
- SQL and NoSQL databases
Company DescriptionWe are a trusted government partner that blends
deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our
customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save
lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial
spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support
agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and
grants management.The Dovel Family of Companies offers
employees--an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or
contract, we--offer a path to develop an enriching career.--We
believe--in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success,
and employee growth.--What you'll get---
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard.
Dovel Technologies/Medical Science & Computing is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
Keywords: Dovel Technologies, Bethesda , DevOps Adoption Technical Lead Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!