Posted on: June 20, 2022
Intelligent compliance. Sustainable progress. A safer world. At 3E
we help our clients ensure safety, compliance and sustainability.
We provide actionable intelligence and solutions that empower
safer, more sustainable products and business processes.
Verisk 3E is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join
the development team in a hybrid work environment in Bethesda,
The engineer codes software applications to adhere to designs
supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees
testing and develops fixes. Has knowledge of standard concepts,
practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on
experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May review
and coach the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and
latitude is required. The engineer will be a member of a small
project team that develops sophisticated enterprise-wide
applications. The New and Custom Development Team adheres to agile
software development principles throughout all phases of the
software development process. The engineer contributes primarily
through programming expertise but is expected to be an integral
part of all team activities. Additionally, the engineer is expected
to work with developers from other development teams to ensure
continuity and leveragability of architecture and design.
- Provides technical assistance and coaching to lower-level
developers to ensure that they follow the appropriate
technical/process standards and that previous lessons learned are
leveraged by current projects
- Responsible for collaborating and providing guidance in
planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation
of new and existing system architectures and software
- Design and develop programming systems making specific
determinations about system performance
- Work with developers from other development teams to ensure
continuity and leveragability of architecture and design
- Adhere to agile software development principles throughout all
phases of the software development process - gathering and
reviewing user requirements, database and application design,
coding, testing, installation and maintenance, internal and
external customer training and product rollout
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, to keep
systems current with changing technologies.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including
performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the
program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality
product in addition to analysis of current programs and processes,
and making recommendations which yield a more cost-effective
- Writes, edits, and debugs new computer programs for assigned
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct,
and that program results are accurate
- Document code consistently throughout the development process
by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and
any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports
- Promote customer services according to company standard
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients to
identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's degree (or foreign
equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related
technical field preferred.
- Six years of experience developing applications using.NET
T-SQL in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Solid, long-term experience in a senior developer role with a
thorough understanding of project cycles, software development
environments, full cycle n-tier object-oriented design and
development and source control (VSS)
- Experience with SQL Server, MS SQL Service Broker, SQL
Reporting Services, Windows Services and Web Services, N-unit and
Image processing / document management experience is a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Exhibits good judgment and is able to recommend and produce
solid solutions for a wide range of complex problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills and possess a
- Environmental, Health and Safety, Chemistry or Chemical
knowledge, a plus
For more than 30 years the world's leading companies have trusted
3E to provide the intelligent compliance solutions they need to
ensure safety and sustainability-one product, one workplace and one
community at a time. Our unmatched Environmental, Health, Safety
and Sustainability (EHS&S) and product compliance expertise
empowers our clients to improve chemical and workplace safety,
product safety and stewardship, supply chain transparency and
R&D decision support.
We are deeply committed to serving our more than 5,000 customers
worldwide, including nine of the world's top ten chemical
manufacturers, eight of the world's top ten retailers and seven of
the world's top ten pharmaceutical companies.
Together we are building a safer world and a more sustainable
future. Join us!
In March 2022, New Mountain Capital and Endicott Capital acquired
our business from Verisk, kicking off the next phase of growth in
our 30-year history. Backed by the support and expertise of New
Mountain and Endicott, we are now perfectly positioned to grow our
business to better serve our valued customers and partners. To
learn more, visit www.3eco.com.
3E is an equal opportunity employer
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk 3E, the health and safety of our people is our number one
priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable
law, all prospective hires for office-based roles or roles that
support any of our businesses' government contracts will be
required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 by their start date or qualify for a legally-required
medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement,
as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not
demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by
their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally
required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the
requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be
immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: 3E, Bethesda , .Net Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!