Patient Registry Analyst / Developer
Company: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit
organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major
steps and pioneering new ways to find a cure for cystic fibrosis.We
are the global leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis
and nearly every CF drug and therapy available today was made
possible because of CF Foundation support. We did this not only for
the more than 30,000 people living in the U.S. with CF - and the
estimated 70,000 people worldwide - but for the families who have
worked tirelessly to find a cure for their loved ones living with
CF.These achievements have required dedication and unwavering
commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation employees. We have
created an environment that attracts -- and retains -- a diverse
group of talented people who are passionate about changing the face
of this disease. Join us and you will partner with colleagues of
varying backgrounds and expertise, all united in our mission.Job
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its
employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core
values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will
continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on
what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work.
We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we
can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond
boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all
who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support
one another.We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that
has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic
fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this
disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible
because of Foundation support.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Has expert knowledge of the CF registry data and
registry-related applications. Assists the team in development and
update of SSRS reports, writing, testing and deployment of .NET
applications and T-SQL scripts.
- Analyzes, verifies, and produces registry data reports to be
released to the public, care centers and other stakeholders. Has
knowledge of internal data systems and tools. Tests .NET
- Gathers users' requirements and can translate them into
technical requirements specification. Can check compliance of
technical solution to requirements.
- Assists in the programming and development of proprietary
reporting tools to meet external user requirements.
- Programs internal documents to facilitate and complete high
priority tasks in a timely manner.
- Documents, tracks, and manages issues, risks, including timely
update of issue/risk logs, facilitating development and documenting
risk mitigation plans, facilitating development and documenting
issue resolution action plans, providing status on issues/risks to
Senior VP of Clinical Affairs / Senior Director of Patient Registry
- Assists in creating and maintaining project planning documents
- Supports project metrics analysis, team communication, resource
planning, risk analysis, report generation, and documentation
- Adheres to IS Project Management standards, policies,
procedures, and methodologies.
- Performs complete range of standard support duties by utilizing
appropriate PC and web applications to prepare and distribute
correspondence, status reports, minutes, numerical data, tracking
of project assignments, charts, and forms in an accurate
- Maintains technical documentation.
- Travels occasionally to provide support during meetings or
conduct registry training.
- Managing and upgrading established processes while
troubleshooting and resolving data issues.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business, computer science, or
- 5-8 years of experience (with a bachelor's degree) or 3+ years
of experience (with a master's degree), preferably with exposure to
- Professional or academic experience in healthcare-related field
- Technical skills allowing to do data analysis using tools such
as SQL Server, Excel, Access. Knowledge of T - SQL language and
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills, including effective writing
and verbal communication, attention to detail and organization.
Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting, and
- Familiarity with data analysis software, such as PowerBI or
- Ability to present complex concepts and project outcomes in a
clear and effective manner to both business and technical
- Reports to the Senior Director, Patient Registry Program. No
direct reports.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position requires working in a standard office environment.
Some travel to meetings is required.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.The above is intended to describe the
general content of and requirements for the performance of this
job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.Total
Rewards: The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering
competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and
professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to
recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and
diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes
medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave
policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and
flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability
insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life
benefits to support employees and their family members.The CF
Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a
great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and
maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or
mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national
origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or
testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or
status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any
characteristic protected by law.Reasonable Accommodation: The CF
Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application
procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an
accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda , Patient Registry Analyst / Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!