Senior Windows System Administrator
Company: Dunhill Professional Search
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Sr. Windows System Administrator
Responsible for unique or complex information systems and/or information technology projects across more than one discipline, such as application support, database administration, software quality assurance/quality control, software engineering, network telecommunications, and infrastructure operations of administration, analysis, engineering and design. Provides direction to other IT Administrators on the project in a senior administrator capacity. Considered a technical specialist in a variety of IT administrator disciplines.
* System security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing
* Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
* Background in Windows server setup, deployment and maintenance
* Experience with hardening Windows environments
* Significant experience with system administration of server operating systems such as Microsoft Server (2012 R2/2016/2019)
* Proficient experience with one or more of the following: MECM, SCCM, Active Directory, Exchange, Virtualization
* Experience with integrating windows environments with monitoring solutions such as Microsoft SCOM and Splunk.
* Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Microsoft Windows
* Extensive Experience with Scripting/Automation through PowerShell or other scripting languages
* Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
* Extensive Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
* Experience with server patch management methodologies, such as SCCM or MECM
* Experience with installing, configuring, and managing active directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, and other Microsoft COTS products
* Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system independently
* Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
* Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
* Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
* Must be able to work independently to develop solutions to technical problems.
* Experience in a supervisory and/or mentorship capacity
TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph required.
Requires a bachelor's degree and 12+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree : Master's Degree preferred.
Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
Other Job Specific Skills
* Review C&A documentation providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
* Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
* Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
* Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
* Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
* Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Microsoft Windows systems within a physical and virtual environment.
* Decommission server(s) upon request through approved engineering change solution.
* Install and/or remove service application and scripting components
* Maintain server hardware and software assets in compliance with supporting third party vendor and lease requirements.
* Implement capacity planning and tuning actions for server assets
* Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application and system problems.
* Support operations, maintenance and troubleshooting for end user workstations, to include desktop applications.
* Lead effort to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
* Seek opportunities for continuous improvement to support effective and efficient operations
* Develop and document solutions to complex technical issues.
* Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, and resolution steps taken) for Root Cause Analysis and process improvement initiatives.
* Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours; may involve shift work.
* Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
* Responsible for the security and management of Windows servers in multiple production environments
* Solve complex integration and technical Windows and Hyper-V problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment
* Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
Sr. Windows System Administrator
Keywords: Dunhill Professional Search, Bethesda , Senior Windows System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Bethesda, Maryland
here to apply!