Senior Litigation Paralegal
Company: Selzer Gurvitch Rabin Wertheimer Polott, P.C.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
General SummaryAt Selzer Gurvitch, our people trust the people
they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they
work with, and serve the communities in which they live. The firm
is seeking an experienced paralegal for our Litigation & Trial
practice group. Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years
experience as a litigation paralegal to include pretrial and trial
experience, knowledge of federal court filing procedures,
electronic discovery and the ability to conduct database searches
utilizing Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, PACER, Concordance, and other
software as needed. Candidates should be resourceful, exercise good
judgment, and possess effective interpersonal skills. Candidates
should be able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and
complete them under time constraints. Essential Duties
- Assist attorneys in all aspects of litigation, including
evidentiary hearings, arbitrations, and trials.
- Maintain document production and client document database.
- Review and outline depositions, indices and summarize legal
- Participate in interviews of parties, witnesses, and experts
and providing assistance with interview memos, written statements,
- Provide assistance in the trial of cases including tracking
exhibits, preparing filings, and motions.
- Perform assigned legal research tasks using all available
resources including libraries and computer data systems.
- Proofreading and the marking of legal documents.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience with large case management/E-Discovery and a
working knowledge of document management software systems.
- Review and analyze matters for the purpose of preparing status
reports to attorneys and clients.Skills Needed to be Successful
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete
them under time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when
evaluating legal matters.
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual,
grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- The position may entail local and domestic travel.
- Flexibility and the ability to work overtime are
- A four-year college degree is required; paralegal certificate
- Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years experience as
a litigation paralegal.Additional InformationSelzer Gurvitch is an
Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or
disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting
Keywords: Selzer Gurvitch Rabin Wertheimer Polott, P.C., Bethesda , Senior Litigation Paralegal, Legal , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!