Sr. Legal Contracts Specialist (Healthcare Data and Technology)
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Improving Health Outcomes for a Better Tomorrow.Location:
Remote, USATravel: less than 10%Role type: Full TimeBacked by the
strength of a Fortune 9 company (McKesson Corporation), Ontada
develops technologies used by the oncology community to deliver
evidence-based, personalized care, as well as insights used by
biopharma companies to accelerate drug development and support the
entire treatment journey. We help Oncology providers make
data-driven decisions, so patients have the best treatment options.
Together with our partners, we are fighting against cancer and
changing the lives of cancer patients.How You Make an
Impact:McKessons well-regarded Law Department is seeking an
experienced senior legal specialist to support all aspects of our
data, evidence and insights business and our oncology practice
technology offerings. The data, evidence and insights business
focuses on real world evidence and commercial insights to enable
providers and biopharma to drive better outcomes for oncology
patients. Our technology business delivers unique technology and
data platforms to oncology practices, including our market-leading
electronic health record tool, iKnowMed, currently reach
community-based oncology practices across the United States,
including those practices within The US Oncology Network (USON).
How Youll Spend Your Day:
- Serve as an initial point of contact for legal matters within
the business unit and/or sub-business units, providing day-to-day
counseling, issue, business impact and risk identification, and
escalation to internal clients, and supervising attorneys, as
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of McKesson business
units (BUs), products, strategy, operational model.
- Develop, review, analyze, and negotiate contracts, amendments,
and related documentation. Agreement types may include commercial
customer contracts, data product agreements, product/supply
agreements, business partner agreements, intercompany agreements,
consulting services agreements, software services agreements, terms
of use and licensing agreements.
- Recommend and implement contracting policies, procedures, and
- Monitor compliance with internal McKesson business and legal
processes and policies.
- Demonstrate excellent independent judgment for expeditious
problem identification and the ability to be both
pragmatic/business-oriented and strategic.
- Possess strong business acumen dealing with risk management and
- Excel when working independently and collaboratively,
developing strong working relationships with a diverse client base,
and leading at all levels across the organization.
- Exhibit outstanding interpersonal skills with excellent
communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and successfully
manage many projects simultaneously.
- Display flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety
of legal matters.
- Prepare presentations, contract summaries and/or issues lists
to present to supervising attorneys or business unit partners for
review, if applicable.*This is not an exhaustive list; other
relevant duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the needs
and discretion of the business. What Youll Need:
- 7+ years of corporate legal department or law firm
- 2+ years experience reviewing and revising complex commercial
contracts (data and/or technology contracts strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experienceWhat Will Help You
- Ability to drive and facilitate contracting processes and
- Must possess strong experience and judgment in contract
- Excellent writing, verbal and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed and complex
business and engage leaders across affiliates and promote the
reputation and integrity of McKesson and the McKesson General
- Proficient in Office word processing programs or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to
effectively communicate to all levels of staff up to executive
- Prefer experience working in regulated industry including
pharmaceutical, health information technology, other healthcare
environment or other regulated industryWhy McKesson?
- Generous salary with bonus opportunities (adjustments made
based on market location)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the opportunity for
generous discounts through our Vitality partner
- 3+ weeks of paid time off a year to spend however you want and
12 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of paid parental leave and five to 10 days of
paid care and bereavement leave
- McKesson contributes a percentage of your total 401k
contributions each year towards your retirement fundAt McKesson, we
care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve,
and that starts with caring for our people. Thats why we have a
Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to
support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total
Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee
population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of
themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson,
please As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a
competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by
several factors, including performance, experience and skills,
equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets.
In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual
bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered. Our Base
Pay Range for this position$86,300 - $143,800McKesson is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified
applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for
employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to
being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, please contact us by
sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box
will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through the
internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
Keywords: MCKESSON, Bethesda , Sr. Legal Contracts Specialist (Healthcare Data and Technology), Legal , Bethesda, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...